One
  • Real Name
    Marianne
  • Country
    Netherlands

Recent Profile Visitors

3,417 profile views

About Me

I'm single. Living with my 2 cats in a small apartment.

I love visiting the site, visit the forums and read blogs. There's so much to learn and so many helpful hints can be found on the forums. I also love the gallery.

Finding Greenleaf houses in the Netherlands turned out to be quite a challenge. I had my eye on the Laurel, because I love porches so much, and I had seen the wonderful Laurels by Ann NewYork in the gallery. When I saw those, complete with siding, I knew I wanted one.

For various reasons I ended up buying 2 kits at once. I got the Laurel and the Westville, and after reading the instructions of both kits, I decided to build the Laurel first, and I started Christmas 2008. So far I'm having a great time! I made an album in my gallery to document the build.

Then, end of 2009, I fell in love with a vintage Danish dollhouse, brand Lisa of Denmark. It's in 1:18th scale, and looks like a reversed Lundby Gothenburg. except it has a 'built-in' balcony. One thing led to another and now I own several Lundby's as well. All of them from the sixties, and ever so cute.

Currently working on: The Laurel

In box: The Westville, The Tennyson, Helena (half scale, mdf)

Building plan: The Rye Cottage by Earth and Tree

Vintage 1:18th collection: Lundby Roof Terrace house, Lundby Economy house, Lundby Gothenburg, Lisa of Denmark house, and one scratch built Gothenburg lookalike.

Wishlist:

Chantilly, Beacon Hill, Fairfield, Magnolia, Adirondack Cabin, Creekside Cabin, Orchid, Buttercup, the Lake View by Dolls House Emporium.