Nancye Fisher

Silver Member
  • Last visited

0 Neutral

About Nancye Fisher

Profile Information

• Interests
    Dollhouses and roomboxes; love to read, especially English history, love travel and enjoy all types of needlework except perhaps needlepoint on 48 count gauze....that is too hard on the old eyes.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Nancye
  • Country
    United States
  1. Welcome to the group, Beverly. I am also in Florida, but in Miami. I have a couple of Buttercups, but they are still in the boxes. They look like fun so maybe one day I will get one or both started. I am sure you will find lots of help in this group so enjoy!!
  2. Hi, I once did a base of styrofoam and Sculptamold to create a rocky terrain and height; then I added the Sculptamold so that the trees, grass, flower beds and walkways could be added. It worked out very well and Sculptamold was quite easy to use. Good luck with your project.
  3. Shelly, your rugs are gorgeous!! I am a bit crazy too; have done a couple of the French knot rugs, but none the size of yours....I don't think I could accomplish that. One of mine is not quite finished,but it sits on a table near my chair so that it is never too far out of sight when the time is right for knotting. Good luck with your new rugs; they will look fabulous in your mini house!! Nancye
  4. Susan, Going to a miniature show can be a real treat, although it can also be a bit expensive as there are so many treasures available. Do you subscribe to any of the miniature magazines because if you do, you can find a schdule of mini shows in almost all of the magazines. I don't know where you are in NC, but check on line for possible shows in some of the larger cities. You might also ask at a mini shop if there are any of those near you. Molly Cromwell and Tom Bishop are ones who have shows in various cities around the country. Maybe one might be close enough for you to attend. Sometimes you have to travel to find a show, but most are worth it so keep looking and hopefully you will find one. I am sure you will enjoy the experience!! Nancye
  5. Hi all, I hope there is someone out there who can help me move in the right direction for starting a Member Album. I have tried several times and get shut out each time with an error message. Before I started the album, I used the 'resize' option and each photo was marked 'small'. However, when I try to upload, I get a message which says that I am not allowed to enter this type of image. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I would be most appreciative of any help. What is the correct process for posting to an album? Thanks much.....................Nancye PS: I just tried to upload the file with the picture and I got a message which says that the file is larger than the available space. I would assume that means that the photo has not been properly sized, right? So how to I resize if my computer resizing tool isn't working? Thanks again.
  6. Gina, Well done!! The interview was terrific. It was great to hear Dean tell us about all the new things in store for Greenleaf lovers. I am also anxious as I know others will be, to see you do your build of the Rosedale. I look forward to that on your blog. Nancye
  7. I am suprised that no one has mentioned being annoyed at people who block the lanes in a parking lot so they can take a spot two car lengths closer to the door. Are they afraid to walk a few extra feet? Don't they know that walking is healthy? Nancye
  8. Traci, I love your 'Greek Island'. You did a great job on it and it really stands out!! The staircase is especially nice!! Nancye
  9. Michelle, I think the Manchester would be terrific and it would work well with a lot of pink. I built one of those and donated it to one of the Ronald Macdonald houses. It is a great house to do; easy to make up and appears great for children. If you give me your email, I can send you a couple of pictures, assuming you might want to see what someone else did with the Manchester. On the other hand, the Orchid is a lovely house, too, perhaps a bit smaller than the Manchester? Good luck. If you need any donations of furniture for the house, let me know how I can help. I think it is marvellous that you will be making a house for the poster child!!!! Nancye
  10. Hi Pam, and Welcome to the forum. Where are you in south Florida? Gina and I are in Miami and would love to find another miniaturist in our area. Nancye
  11. Traci, You are in for a real treat. Ron's is wonderful and so full of treasures you won't know what to look at next. I have never gotten out of that shop in less than two hours, so if you are limited to one hour, you might want to make a list first of things you need the most. There isn't much you can't find in that shop. Have a great time. Nancye
  12. I also got my email from Ernie today; sounds like a different, but interesting project, but I don't know If I will try it or not....have to think on that for a bit. Nancye
  13. What a deal!! Guess I should check Craig's List because I would love to find a San Franciscan!! Good luck with it!! Nancye
  14. Hi Mary, No, Ron's is not online and not likely to be. In the days when I was a regular at Ron's I tried to persuade both Ron and Richard that they should have a web site. However, they both said they were too busy with all of the normal shop business and just couldn't find the extra time for the computer. It is disappointing, but the store is so terrific that every miniaturist owes herself (or himself) a trip to that shop. It is the most fantastic of shops and trying to get out without spending the next month's (or year's) budget is tricky. Nancye
  15. Margaret, I too am sorry to hear the sad news for your cat. It is so hard to lose our animals, but you know you are sparing her the pain. A lot of us will be thinking of you on Monday!!! Nancye