• Dollhouse Preference Please Select
  • Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Kelly
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2012 profile views
  1. Concept in SketchUp

I always plan, but not usually this tightly. Wasn't sure if I could stick to it... but I'll tell you, when a deadline is staring at you, a tight plan keeps (some of) your sanity intact. Glad I did it, now!!
  2. Tuques, 2

Thank you, Debora. Glad you like them!
  3. 35-year-old shutters, stained, hinged, and in place

Thanks much. I hope I don't inspire too many pack-rats to keep things for 35 years "just in case," ha ha!!
  4. "Slate" floor

Thanks!!
  5. Very grand Colonial! Patience and an ebay alert? Or maybe it's your (first? next?) scratch build? Ooh, the possibilities! Happy mini-dreams in 2015, Robin!
  6. Oh, sorry, I probably wasn't clear. I have a Jefferson! Perfect for a Federal, can be made to look like anything from a clapboard New England house you'd see on This Old House to a stone-covered Pennsylvania Federal that George Washington or John Adams might have rode out to, to escape Philadelphia's summer malaria episodes.
  7. I'm not giving mine up, I'm not, I'm not! But I do highly recommend the Jefferson for other Federal period addicts like me. Very adaptable. You can get old-in-box Jeffs on ebay, with patience, at a very nice price. (Just looked now. You might not need patience at the moment. )
  8. Picture Frame Fireplace

I love this! Super clever. One more full-size item that I'll forever see as having mini potential!!!
  9. Just another snowy day in Thorny Rock, Maine

From the album 2014 HBS Creatin' Contest--Erabliere Aucoin, Sugar Shack and Shop

The sugar shack is at full capacity, boiling sap down into maple syrup. The shop is open for business, and from the looks of things, business is good this year. If you close your eyes for just a minute, you might even smell a hint of maple scent, hanging in the chilly air. Photo 4 of 4 used in the Creatin' Contest entry. Thanks for looking in!!
  10. Shop interior

From the album 2014 HBS Creatin' Contest--Erabliere Aucoin, Sugar Shack and Shop

When the goodies are arranged this seductively, what tiny visitor will be able to resist? Photo 3 of 4 used in the Creatin' Contest entry.
  11. Shack interior

With this slightly extreme lighting, you can see the old cauldron the family no longer uses for sugaring, still perched expectantly on its swing-out "crane" inside the enormous old fireplace, along with all the tools and trappings of a modern small-scale maple sugar house. Photo 2 of 4 used in the Creatin' Contest entry.
  12. Rear of scene, view from above

Well, I don't see any parking in the back, but I do see lots more evidence of a busy sugaring season for the family. Photo 1 of 4 used in the Creatin' Contest entry.
  13. Shack and woodshed, corner view

The sign says there's additional parking in the rear, but I wonder if the Aucoins have had time to shovel or plow out back? From the looks of things, they've been very busy lately!
  14. Visitor's eye view

What you might see if you'd just sat down at one of the picnic tables to enjoy your tasty maple treats. A nice atmosphere to give yourself a little snowy-day sugar rush!
  15. Front elevation

A good shot of the front straight-on. I love the way the "shop" addition feels so at home with the original contest kit.