Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Susan
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

676 profile views
  1. I was at Lowes and found on clearance Roth and Lane bamboo blinds and I needed one for my kitchen. This was on clearance for around $7 and was originally 31.00. But I didn't see what a great deal I really had until I got home. These blinds allow you to remove extra slats. And after almost tossing the extras I realized that they would make super "wood" floors for a dollhouse. Of course the would need cut to fit but the center usable section of each slat is plenty for dolhouse rooms. Where they would be joined would be a bit obvious but not really something that would interefere with the look. I quess if the joints were bothersome, you could use a real light wood fill. Of course the original price may not seem so bad considering what I have priced wood floor sheets, and a whole blind would probably do a large dollhouse entirely. Hopefully I will put it to use sometime soon.
  2. Hmmm.....Eve beforeThanksgiving and this really made me think about the past year. I am thankful for my 3 healthy adult children and the choices thay have made in their lives. I had my 25th Anniversary this year I am so lucky to be married to such a wonderful man. (By the way , the Myrtle Beach Grande Shores Resort was great!) Unfortunately my hubby was layed off this year and it actually was a blessing. We had been renting a delapidated home for 13 years and trying to save to purchase a home. After the layoff we found the home of our dreams and timidly applied for a home loan. Due to the layoff we qualified to purchase a foreclosed home with absolutley no money down. We wouldn't have qualified for the loan before the layoff due to income restrictions. I hate my job, which is in metal fabrication, but at the same time I have to be thankful because I know what the temporarys we hire are going through. My job is very secure and I know I should be thankful. I have heat, food, clothes, a job, and a bed. I can't believe their are starving children in the U.S. I am not rich and I do remember when I only had Veg-all to feed my children. ( do they still make Veg-all?) I hope every one has a very thankful Thanksgiving tomorrow.
  3. I would love to go to a miniature show, And I have no idea where to begin to look for one. I live in NC and I see all the wonderful pictures that some of you get from a show. Any ideas?
  4. Oh my, my, my thank so much for all the ideas I never would have thought of... now maybe I can get busy!! alpangle, when I click to enlarge your picture it looked like fabric on your walls. Is is? How do you attach it without a mess with glue?
  5. Besides purchasing expensive dollhouse carpet I was wondering what others have used. The only thing I could think of was felt.
  6. paige224

chimney

I hope your feelings won't be hurt if I steal this idea!!! Gorgeous!
  7. How do I get a coupon? I have placed an order but I don't know why I never receive any emails.
  8. It's nothing but a hall. I am ordering a cute storage hall stand to be the main item in the hall. Under the stairs will be left open and will probably hold a small table with some sort of lamp for lighting in this closed in area.
  9. Added new gallery pictures of what I changed on the lower floor!!
  10. How do I resize a picture to add to a forum post. Mine are too large. Do I have to do this outside of this site before uploading?
  11. paige224

Victoria's Farmhouse

This is my first!! I am excited and scared! I can be very indecisive, so it makes it very hard for me to work on a doll house. Pictures are a work in progress.
  12. I am going to be trying tapewire on my mdf house shortly. I found this tutorial somehow and it's very informative. I noticed he uses an electrical piercing tool that you can get from miniatures.com item # 966. I hope this helps you. http://gr123.powweb.com/Dollhouse%20Worksh...cal/wiring.html
  13. I had to put Kitty Poo to sleep yesterday. She had severe skin infections that after 3 months no longer responded to medication. She was 13 years old. She will be missed. I feel better about the whole situation today, as I didn't notice how much time I spent worrying about her. Now I know the suffering is over. And I can move on. RIP POO!!
  14. I wish I had known about photo fabric 3 years ago. I made a photo quilt and had to apply cotton to sheets for the printer and treat them in a solution after printing. It was Bubble Jet. Took alot of extra time. But it worked great in my printer. I have a HP deskjet 5420