Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Evelyne
  • Country
    Please Select
  1. I totally agree! But I like cosmetics too... One way or the other, we all here tend to pay attention to small details like that, as we love miniatures, right? I can relate to that. I'm not a big fan of harsh white or light letters on dark backgrounds (as some forums have it) ew! I second that too! I really missed it and I'm so happy it's back. Colors can be changed at any time. It's the people and the content that really matters. Changing forums (plataforms) is hard, there is A LOT of work involved and sometimes a lot of info gets lost in the process. I take my hat off to the team that made the transition, you guys rock!!! :worthy:
  2. They are both the same version of only one Theme: one full and the other one simlified for mobile devices. I think all pages related to GREENleaf should be.... GREEN!!! And this skin/theme is blue. You can try and change that yourselves by changing the hue of the images used in the CSS files and changing the colors there, no need to change the whole theme/skin
  3. Thank you Kathie, CJ and Holly! I can't wait to start my new projects either. I do feel I've learned a lot since I built that house, so I'm curious to see how this new house (The Harrison) will look like in the end... Oh, and Kathie. Del Prado also has a half-inch dollhouse collection and another 1:12 dollhouse with all furniture ready made (not kits). One can buy the complete collections from their website here. But I honestly think you guys have better / more varied options there.
  4. My first dollhouse was not sold as usual kits are. It came piece by piece along with booklets, in a total of 100 issues and took me 2 and 1/2 years to have all of them. It was published/sold by Edições Del Prado. Some furniture kits came with it too, and some tips on how to make some accessories too. They all sit in a box for 10 years until I decided they've waited long enough and it was time to finally put it all together. This was 2007 and I knew nothing about miniatures. I furnished it as if it had been passed along through generations. You know, when you have some old items sharing space with more modern ones. Now I would have taken a completely different direction, but it was so much fun to make I got completely addicted to miniatures, thanks to this house!! You can see pictures in my Picasa album. Now I have a Harrison kit waiting to be built (still gathering courage - and space! - to do it). And also a 4 seasons display to build. 2012, here I come!
  5. Ohhh, I love to see other people's workspace! It's inspiring. And comforting when they are not that neat (so I don't feel guilty for my own being a little messy, lol!)
  6. Hi! I have a Harrison to build too. You did a wonderful job with yours!
  7. So... what did you decide to do, Kabrina?
  8. First, let me say that I love your blog and what you do with your dollhouse(s). Next, I like realistic dollhouses. And real houses seldom stick to one period. Even contemporary RL houses have old pieces of furniture or decoration that come from other eras. Either because the house owners like those items or because they've been passing on generation after generation. So, unless you are planing on making something historically accurate (meaning: do not have items that did not exist until AFTER that time, but ok to mix up with older ones...), let your imagination run wild!