Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Amy
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

686 profile views
  1. Our electric bill is approx $200-$250, depending how cold it is. Our whole house runs on electric, well pump, pressure tank, stove, furnace, heat pump, washer/dryer, water heater, one fridge, etc. 2 adults 2 kids, 3200sqft home heat included for $200 this last month. Summer months $80 since we don't run our a/c much.
  2. That is how the walls are textured in Southern California. They spray an orange peel texture on the wall and knock it down with a drywall mud trowel. I believe that there is some time between the texture and knock down. You may want to play with texturing the wall and letting it sit for a few minutes to harden a bit before knocking it down. A template sounds like a great idea!
  3. Oops! Forgot it was this weekend. I was planning on going.
  4. Kelly, the Knapp house was torn down. Sorry that was the only house I recognized from your list.
  5. amyinOR

Houses around Portland

Old Historic homes around Portland, OR Knapp Home Poulsen House, possibly based on Joseph Angel Dollhouse
  6. Great detective work Tiffany! In my searching at the library I found another house, this one on 15th Ave, maybe the one Agnes was talking about. Similar to the JA house but I think the Poulsen house is the closet yet.
  7. Oh nice! This looks like Dura-craft's Alexandria!
  8. I am off to the library. I am going to get a historical book on Portland homes from 1850-1950. I am sure if there is a Joseph Angel house built during that time it would be in that book! Here is a pic I found online of the Poulsen
  9. For anyone interested you can see the street view on google maps. 510 SE Brooklyn St Portland OR gives a good view of the long side of the house with the tower in street view. Awfully gray today but if it clears up after reading time at the library I'll run up and take some pics.
  10. Yep! 3040 SE McLoughlin looks like it is the right house! Hahaha! Do you know how many times I have driven by it? Never noticed it. I looked all night on google maps for every 14th in Portland, as Agnes had said it was on 14th St SE. I couldn't find it. ETA: I will try to take pics of the house today. However, it is raining out today and I don't want pics to be dark and gloomy.
  11. Thanks Tiffany! I was too lazy to scroll through the whole thread to see if it was listed. I will look up the addy, going into town tomorrow may drive by and take some pics. I see you're in Corona. My in-laws live there. Hubby and I lived in Moreno Valley 6 years before we ditched the IE and high tailed it to OR.
  12. Does anyone know the address of the actual house? I bet you could put it into google maps and see it from their street view. Our house out in the sticks has street view I'm guess this one in town would have one too.
  13. Blue Moon beer, but usually just water. I don't drink soda.
  14. I have a chair very similar to that when I was a kid. It's now in a box in the garage. Love the pink, mine is avacado green!