MaryKate

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Image Comments posted by MaryKate

1. On September 2, 2016 at 8:12:27 AM, stickyfingers said:

That porch is a big selling point for me, too. I don't have this kit, but I may buy one. Waiting to see how you finish it out. I'm building the RGT barn, and having a lot of fun with it!

I love the porch! I considered the RGT barn, but J wanted this one, and I was happy to save the cash. Though I wouldn't mind a real big old barn with a hay loft and all that kind of stuff, he really wants it for his tractor toys, so this works great.

2. I just did a search for Orchid pics because my mom has an Orchid kit she wants to give me. I wasn't sure I wanted to do another die cut house but WOW this is inspiring. Your design is gorgeous and the finishes are so complete and lovely, you'd never know it started with thin plywood punch outs. Thanks so much for sharing your work!

3. 2 hours ago, JenniferKennedy said:

I used a sheer like cotton (it was a curtain panel I'd picked up at a thrift store, great place to find unique fabric cheap!). The draping I'd done by soaking it with a good dose of Aleen's Stiffen Quick, I then used skewers to manipulate the folds until I liked the way they looked... Let dry over night and it stiffened and the drape stays!

Tried to upload an image but it wouldn't let me :(

Thank you so much, that actually makes perfect sense. I love the RL look of actual linen bed coverings, and this is looks so close to that. I seriously want to roll around on that bed. ;)

• Like 1
  4. Thanks so much, this is truly helpful. I had been going back and forth about whether to even try to grout it, but I think it will look a lot more realistic if I do. Knowing what to look out for (eg, making the grout too runny) is going to keep me from losing my sanity if any of the problems you mentioned come up. Can't wait to see your finished project!

• Like 1
  5. This is so great! May I ask what you used for grout between your stones? I'm using the same technique on my Farmette (which will also be a house for witches) but I'm not sure how I'm going to grout it.

• Like 1