lmgervais

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by lmgervais

1. Good for you, Deb. That's only about two weeks for the pulmonary tests - not bad considering wait times can sometimes be much longer. Here's hoping that some of your problems will finally be solved soon!
  2. Can't promise anything. but I will see what I can do about being there. :lol:
  3. I'm finally back, too. My laptop crashed during March Break and it took them three weeks to fix it - at least it was still under warranty! Just got it back yesterday afternoon. However, they wiped out the hard drive (had a back-up of all data files on a portable hard-drive made first, just in case). I've been slowly starting to re-install the programs I use and figure out where everything is/goes. I really hope that I never have to go through this again! Slowly catching up on the news in the forum.
  4. It looks really nice as a bathroom floor. When I was at Michael's several months back, I found tins of small square flat glass tiles in shades of blue (and others). I still haven't used them yet, but I think that they will look great as flooring.
  5. My extended/immediate family seems to be pretty crazy to me at times, but nothing that required $500,000 bail. I have a sister who used to be an exotic dancer in her younger years, and another one that had kids in 1975, 1976 and 2003. Also, one of my brothers is now married to the sister of my former best friend who is in turn married to the brother of that same ex-SIL. Talk about keeping it all in the family!
  6. Now I know why my washes didn't work the way I wanted them to - I didn't let them dry between coats. Duh! Learn something new every day, I guess.
  7. I'm waiting to go out of town next week to go to a dh store so that I can pick out the wallpaper for my Beaumont/hotel. I haven't found any scrapbook paper that is just right, and I need to see the wallpaper in person as there will be many rooms to co-ordinate because of the proposed bashing. Other than that, trying to work on a scrapbook for my youngest son's hockey team before the end of the season so that it can be copied and one given to each boy on the team. Oh, and lurking...
  8. I finally broke down and subscribed to ancestry.com/ancestry.ca today. From the information I already had about my grandfather's grandparents, I knew that the grandmother (Eve Schell) was German, but born in Canada. Those grandparents were a brick wall until today. Within a short time, I learned that Eve's ancestors came from Germany via several generations that lived in German Flatts, New York. I had no idea that I was part American! You really can find some interesting information on there that I had been unable to find elsewhere!
  9. Wasn't Sarah Jessica Parker's family tree so interesting? Just goes to show that you never know what you will find when you start looking for ancesters!
  10. Is anyone besides me going to be watching the genealogy series that starts tonight on NBC called "Who do you think you are?". It's on at 8 pm e/7 pm c time.
  11. I've let my cereal go soggy many times while I pay more attention to reading posts or responding to them - does that count? I've used my fingernails as screwdrivers, paint scrapers, glue spreaders, etc. Do I hold things between my knees - lots of times! As for DH, I get him to come help me when I need it, instead of letting him veg in front of his computer or the tv. And I've spent hours upon hours with my computer trying to decide on wallpaper and lights for the Beaumont because I want it to look fabulous when it's done and there is no local dh store and I have little to no stock. However, I am going to a dh store over March break, so I want to be well prepared with the # of rooms and the layout and anything else I need. Can anyone say ka-ching? ($$)
  12. I remember learning about, but not using, those belts in the mid-1970's! And, come to think of it, my uncle's wife (originally from Germany) almost always wears a skirt to go out unless she is riding her bike, and she was born in 1936.
  13. When I was in high school (1980-1984), we had uniforms and had to wear wool skirts every day. BTW, it was an all-girl's school. My grandmother wore pants eventually, as did DH's grandmother.
  14. I know of all the rest, but I've never heard of 'paper brick' myself. Could they mean bricks cut from regular paper like cardstock instead of from egg cartons or sandpaper.
  15. Happy Birthday to my dear mama Wolfie!
  16. I feel so proud of her for what she accomplished under such very difficult circumstances! My hat is off to her for her courage!
  17. Wow! That food looks awesome! I've spent part of the day playing around with my Beaumont in partial dry-fit and seeing how my proposed changes would work using cardboard for now. Still a bit of refining to do, but is it ever going to be spectacular if anything close to my vision of it actually turns out!
  18. Holly, I know there is a store called "Montreal Building Supply" that apparently sold miniatures in Montreal, but they are now in Maryland, I think it, according to the website.
  19. I seem to be losing my taste for most meats. For some reason, they just don't appeal to me anymore and even the smell bothers me.
  20. My houses are far from perfect - and not finished yet - but I am hoping to improve with each one I do. I aspire to create wonderful houses, like I'm sure yours are, but I know that my way-less-than-perfect houses will not be met with disapproval from others.