lmgervais

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by lmgervais

1. With my birthday yesterday, Valentine's day sort of gets lost and we don't really do anything special - it works for us. DS #2 also has a hockey game tomorrow, so we can't even just stay in pj's all day long.
  2. I agree, the opening ceremony was spectacular! Here in Canada, we did not get to see "We are the World".
  3. Over the years, I have done a lot of research into my DH's and my family lines. Seeing that he is French Canadian and I am half French Canadian, there are many places where the lines criss-cross, although they are many generations back. We go back pretty much as far as history does in Canada! (French-Canadian Roman Catholics kept decent records!) I have been able to trace some lines back to the 1500's in France and part of the British line on my side, if it is to be believed, to connections to the British Royal family.
  4. I'm off to the dr's today to get the second of three joint Hepatitis A & B shots in preparation for some travelling this summer. Got my tetunus shot with the first Hep A & B shot. Such fun! Then tonight, friends of DH are coming to our house because tomorrow, DS#2's hockey team (9 & 10 year old boys) is playing in a game called "Rink for Pink". The two local Atom A teams will be dressed in either pink with black or black with pink, with pink sticks, gloves, laces and hockey socks. The entrance fee for the game, along with the proceeds from the raffle, silent auction and bake sale, is all to raise money for the Regional Cancer Centre - hence the name. After the game, each boy will present their pink stick to a cancer patient/survivor/representative of their choosing. For my son, a friend of DH has been cancer free for many years since a bone marrow transplant, so DS#2 will present her with his stick. Even the local media will be there, but the emphasis for the boys is to teach them that they can give back to the community and become good people.
  5. Oh, to have enough mini stuff to have that problem! Maybe some day....
  6. From the main forums page, look at the top and there is a major heading called "The Front Office", with three sub-headings. The third one is "New Member Introductions".
  7. Your welcome. You only need to solder the wires if they are too short and you need to lengthen them.
  8. The plugs are easily removed from the wire by pulling out the pins with needle nose pliers or a similar tool, then just pull the plug off as the ends of the wires should just come out of the holes. Once the wire is where you want it, straighten out the wire ends and feed through the hole at the bottom of the plug. Then separate the two bunches, bend them over and poke one bunch into each hole where they came from, and re-insert the pins. They are then ready to plug into your power strip.
  9. Congrats! And you certainly do have a wonderful hubby!
  10. He's in the window of the potting shed!
  11. I do know how you feel. I have three dh's 'in progress' with no lights as I was worried about doing it and didn't want the expense. I had hubby help me put together my Glencroft because I did not understand all of the directions, and most of the rooms are painted so that I did not have to deal with wallpaper. It took a while to finally take the plunge and try wallpaper on my Buttercup. I know that my houses are not perfect - I am in no way as talented or experienced as many of the others on here, but I am willing to try. The first few dh's will not look great, but I am learning. So, I suggest that you take your time, keep going, and you will learn what works for you and you will get better as you go along.
  12. Hubby and I watch the Super Bowl every year. Living in Canada, we do not get to see the US commercials, but we still watch the game. And, this year our 10 year old son asked if he could watch it with a friend from hockey who also plays football, so we are going over to their place this evening. Both boys will be cheering for Indy!
  13. If you leave the front door all white with the plain glass, it will just blend in with the rest of the trim pieces, which is not what you want.
  14. My thoughts exactly! Either that or a medium yellow door if you like the idea of it. Yes, blue was another option that I thought of.
  15. You are right, they look very, very similar. I wouldn't be surprized if they are the same house.
  16. Yep, just have to have more than one dh! Sometimes it seems like they multiply like rabbits when you are not looking, but they somehow have access to your bank account or credit card when they do that! LOL!
  17. Progress is good! So is hope! I just hope that your vision continues to improve. :lol:
  18. I've been so bad and have not done any exercise in who knows how long. I need to start walking again, but it is cold outside and I get cold very easily. Guess I'll have to get my behind on the exercise bike soon. Also, we have been doing a lot of running around over the past month or so between the kids' activities and health issues.
  19. I was there for most of January, where I did no mini-ing. It was good to get back into it a few days ago. I need to finish my Buttercup, as I have at least 6 other houses calling to me from the basement - even though I have no wallpaper, lights, furniture, etc., for them! Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who recently took a mini break.
  20. Wow! Has he ever gotten big! And with a beautiful smile! And, yes, I am impatient also - I guess I should be glad that my ideas are not as big as yours or nothing would ever get done here! LOL!
  21. So sorry to hear about all your troubles with your eye! It must be so frustrating for everyone! I do hope that it heals up soon for you. :lol:
  22. But that really doesn't matter to me. Here, if the groundhog says six more weeks of winter, we can celebrate because that is an early spring! We've had some snow as late as mid-April, and often until the end of March, and I know that Wolfie has had snow into at least the end of May. Guess your perspective on it just depends on where you live.
  23. I use round wire, and have been able to make the grooves using the pointy end of a bottle opener.