lmgervais

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by lmgervais

1. I believe what Corwin means by templates is that you cut the exact shape of each wall from thin card before assembly, making a set of templates. You then decorate the templates, then attach them to the walls after the wiring is done with glue or double-sided tape.
  2. Yes! Bashing can mean anything from moving a door or window or wall to adding additional rooms. In this context, the term bashing is used to mean any modifications to the original kit design to make it more to your liking or more 'your own'.
  3. Yup, looking at all the eye candy is research and looking for inspiration.
  4. I'm still in the planning stages of my Beaumont (it arrived in early January - only the instructions have been taken out of the box so far!), but I already love it and have plans to bash it to make it even bigger!
  5. That's why we like Frank's Hot Sauce here - it adds a lot of flavour, and is spicy enough, but the heat is limited. I wouldn't change it for any other sauce now.
  6. I can see the album, but no pictures.
  7. I've never been able to find them at the Michael's near me.
  8. So far, my dream building will be my Beaumont, expanded to twice it's size, and decorated as a fancy hotel. I already have a Beaumont and have pretty much decided on the layout, wallpaper and lights. Now, I just have to finish one of the houses on the go, the buy the lights (ouch! - it will need lots $$) and wallpaper before I can start it.
  9. You can find a lot of stuff that can be used in mini's in the scrapbooking sections, as well as the button section of craft stores. Not just paper, but a lot of 3-dimentional stickers that could work, as well as the regular ones. And, with the variety of specialty buttons out there, I just break off the back button hole - found some that were stockings that I used for Christmas, as well as snowflakes. All that you have to do is look.
  10. I haven't been up to doing anything for what seems like so long. Hopefully, I can get back to shingling the roof of the Buttercup, which is nearing completion.
  11. The bricks look great! That is one technique that I will have to try soon!
  12. I'm up now, too. Kids are starting to get up to get ready for school. DH is up with them, but he is so stuffed up and coughing so much that he will come back to bed once they are off to school. I've not been sleeping well the past couple of days, so I feel too tired to do much of anything.
  13. Thank you for the explanation. I agree, if you are going to be a vegetarian, you have to do it in a healthy way and not just stop eating meat, while still eating lots of junk food.
  14. If you wanted a translucent look (instead of transparent), couldn't you use the small glass tiles that Michael's sells and put a frame around them to hold them up as a wall?
  15. Now, that seems a bit odd to me, Heidi. How can you be a vegetarian if you hate vegetables? I don't get the logic of it.
  16. Have you tried looking in the bead section? Just a thought.
  17. Just wanted to take a moment to wish you a very Happy Anniversary!
  18. Good decision! It is just not made to go in that beautiful room.
  19. lmgervais

P1300250.JPG

I doubt that I would have thought to add the panels myself, but they really add that something special that was missing from the room! Great choice and great job!
  20. Congrats! It sure does feel great when you can figure out how to do something without asking hubby for help!
  21. oh! This doesn't sound good! I'm so sorry for you if you did not get it....
  22. What exactly are hush puppies other than a brand of shoe?
  23. I usually only make them on request or for special occasions, like our wedding. I get really into them for a while, then I get bored before I am finished unless I have a deadline. Mini's can hold my attention for a lot longer!