lmgervais

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by lmgervais

1. I am dealing with a lot less emotionally by a long shot, but when my Buttercup wouldn't co-operate and I ended up in tears, I now realize that it was just the last straw that broke the camel's back. I seem to be taking up residence in your city. Going to see my family dr on wednesday to see what is happening with me. Please take care of yourself Wolfie! Hugs to all.
  2. My in-laws (divorced many years ago) are not quite as bad as your MIL, but when we went to visit them over Christmas, I used my FIL's computer every chance I could get to come on here. I was so far away from my mini's, and in places where I really didn't want to be. Hey, last time my mother came for a visit I was counting down the days, not because she was unpleasant, but because she has her own way of doing this that bug me a lot and I wanted freedom in my own house! Hang in there, she will be gone soon!
  3. I don't remember much of my childhood or youth, so my houses will be more 'what I would have liked' than what was. Guess that's why I'm placing them all in the 1900-1915 era, because part of me has always thought that I was born in the wrong time in history.
  4. I've sort of become the keeper of family history and pictures for both my and my husband's side of the family because I asked for them, or at least copies of them. I'm the one that has an interest in genealogy and has traced the family lines back many, many generations. My mother has had 4 pieces of jewelry made for her to wear, one for each grand-daughter (9 grandsons). Although she is still living on her own, I have the one for my daughter and occasionally she gets to take it out and look at it (birthstones of all the grandchildren born up to and including her). My in-laws have started to pass down a few things to us, too. I'm hoping that once my daughter gets older that she will want to keep everything. She is very much like me so far, so I expect that everything will eventually go to her.
  5. In Ontario, everything electrical in a house must be done by a certified electrician now. Wonder if I should call them and ask if dh wiring falls under this law?
  6. So happy for you that Jaden has made the move towards getting ready for the world! And so sorry to hear about your daughter not sleeping - unfortunately, she is too young to understand what is going on. Hang in there, and thanks for the updates!
  7. They look fabulous, Wolfie! Thanks for sharing!
  8. I understand completely. I always tend to see the faults in the things I do, so it is hard for me to appreciate the flip side - how well it really turned out in spite of the flaws! So, no, it is not 'sick' thinking. I think that there are many of us that feel that way. And you are ABSOLUTELY right about not making any real money on making dh's for others. We all spend time, money, effort, skill (whatever we have), etc., into each of the dh's we build. And probably most of us pour our heart and soul into making something we like. I don't know how I could ever part with one, unless it was to someone who was extremely special!
  9. OK, feeling better now. Tried again this morning to get things to work, but before I got too worked up, DH came and helped me and we've got it more or less figured out. So, I got to go ahead and add a layer of paint to one side of all of the walls. Will probably do the second side after supper or early tomorrow morning, as well as the rest of the pieces. DH has to grind down a bit of wood where I bashed them, then I will be able to paint those, too. DH to the rescue, again. (Don't get me wrong, I really do appreciate his help, but would like to not have to rely on him so much, since I rely on him a lot in RL, too, because of my illness!)
  10. Oh Wolfie, this is such hard news to deal with, and so suddenly! And here I am getting so upset because I can't get my dh to go together. (Other things in life going on, too, but that is life.) I feel so bad. I do wish I could come out there and give you a ginormous hug! Seems so silly that here I was wondering if you got any mail from me yet, while you are going through such sorrow. Know that we are here for you and send you all the hugs and support that we can! Remember to take care of yourself and make sure Doug does the same...and come back here when you are up to it! Big Hugs and much love,
  11. Hoping to have better luck with the Buttercup-bash this morning, then DD to the dr's later this afternoon.
  12. Thanks for the words of encouragemetn, I really appreciate it. I did leave the kit alone then had a good cry about it and a few other things (when I cry, I usually call it 'crashing', as it's at a point were life is too much to handle). No, I did not damage the kit in my frustration. I jusy gave up on it and walked away, leaving the pieces in a pile where they were, feeling very useless in life again. I have so many ideas, for dh's and RL, that it is just so frustrating to not be able to carry them out myself! DH said he will help me this morning to try and figure things out, and that he really doesn't mind helping me. Thanks again for letting me know that I'm not the only one who has ever felt like this! :lol:
  13. OK, something must be wrong here. I bashed my Buttercup, measured carefully, did a second dry-fit with the first floor. But trying to get the second floor into dryfit - :lol: it won't work - I don't have enough hands, the bashed-pieces I've glued together until I can make them stronger once I know the dh will fit together are starting to come apart. All of this has made me start crying because I can't get it to work! I know that if I ask DH to help me he could work it out, but I wanted to do this on my own, if for no other reason than to say that I did it myself, but it won't work ! What am I doing wrong? Why won't things go together properly for me without have to have 3-4 sets of hands? And the masking tape wasn't really helping that much, either! Right now, I just want to give up and cry!
  14. I'm guilty more of RL house neglect so that I can work on my mini's! Mini's, mini's everywhere. Upstairs, downstairs, and in the basement, too! :lol:
  15. You watch a movie you like not to enjoy it, but to look at and take notes of all the period furniture, wallpaper, window treatments, etc. You look at a movie, like the reception hall from Sound of Music, and think of how great that would look in mini, and wonder how hard it would be to make. You can't seem to be able to look at a dh without considering potential bashing ideas. You save the little corrugated (fluted?) pieces from the ends of your DS's insulin needles (not from the needle end, from the other end) as they look like they may make great mini cups or other things that you haven't thought of yet. Along with the little round containers that the test strips come in! You can have plans and/or pieces for six houses, with three on the go, and still want to get more, and are willing to start more, since everything on the houses has to be done in stages!
  16. Of course you did a wonderful job on it, and I'm glad that he realized that! I'm sure that her parents and grandparents will be just as amazed by the wonderful hob you did. :yes: on a fabulous job!
  17. Thanks for the history lesson! I don't mind having one room open of another, as the boys' room does from the parents' room in my Glencroft-bash, but I still prefer to have the stairs in a hallway if possible. If not, then now I know that that's ok too.
  18. From the album: Buttercup dh

here is the bashed Buttercup in dry-fit #2
  19. lmgervais

1000 Posts!

Congratulations! And welcome to the club! :lol:
  20. That is one of the very reasons that I am bashing my Glencroft - among others. I didn't want the staircase in the bedroom, so we moved the wall out and now all the stairs are in a hallway except the bottom few before the first turn. Makes more sense to me that way! :lol: