• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Real Name
    Liza
  • Country
    Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

4,399 profile views
  1. It is being a difficult journey, and a diificult diet to comply with. Still not in complete compliance, but working on it. Going to see the entire care team at the hospital tomorrow for the first time. Thanks for your thoughts.
  2. Thanks. I've been needing lots of those lately.
  3. Hi there! Sorry that I have not been around for quite a while. The time from September to now has been very challenging medically for myself and two of my kids - between us, someone has been to the emergency room at least once every month since September. And life has been almost a total right-off for me since about mid-March when I ended up in the hospital for 10 days. As you may or may not know, I have an inherited illness called polycystic kidney disease (PKD) as well as the added bonus of liver involvement so I also have polycystic liver disease (PLD) - people have been asking me for almost 12 years if I am pregnant due to the size of my liver. Anyway, further to my stay in the hospital, I was put on a renal diet just over a week ago as my function is now down to about 20-22% and am having a lot of trouble with it. I was wondering if anyone else has had to deal with these restrictions and how they have managed. Basically, it consists of very limited protein (4 oz a day for me), low sodium, low potassium, low phosphorous, but enough calories to prevent further weight loss. Any help would be appreciated.
  4. I have not been able to work on mini's for quite a while for various reasons, so I would really like to get back into them and move a few projects forward by leaps and bounds. I am always ready to start a new one, but somewhere in the middle of construction I get distracted or sick or have to do something else and have trouble getting back into the groove.
  5. I think that you have made a very sweeping statement by saying that all the people look a little creepy, not to mention insulting to some makers. It would be interesting to know what types of dolls you have actually seen and by what makers. As Wolfie/Gina said, not all dolls are made alike and they generally all fill different needs for different people.
  6. Hope to hear that everything works out well and that Socks comes to live and thrive in her new home! Good for you, Jeffrey! And good for Mom!
  7. I always prefer my coleslaw what is called the 'traditional' way here - with a vinegar/oil based dressing - as opposed to the 'creamy' way with the mayonnaise based dressing. Last night we had ribs simmered in a pot on top of the stove in a jar of medium honey-garlic sauce and a bit of water, with home-made potato salade as a side.
  8. My kids now play the board games Life, Battleship (sometimes), Mouse Trap, and the oldest (17) will sometimes stay up really late with friends to play Risk or Monopoly. I remember always wanting to play Operation and Perfection.
  9. I have not been very good for many months, but I have started walking again.
  10. How about things that I would prefer not to remember...like creamed peas and tuna fish on toast? Yuck. Things I loved: - home-made french-fries and onion sandsich - halibut fish and fries from this one fish and chip store, along with a can of pop - fresh raspberries - getting a bag full of candy from the corner store - home-made fruit smoothies that I still make on occasion - Tiny Tom donuts from the exibition - candy floss - Wunderbars - home-made spiced donuts - home-made bread every Sunday Shall I go on?
  11. Congrats on all the good news, Deb!
  12. It is amazing what you can find on here - I lost my father when I was 12 and now cut all ties with my mother a few months ago for complicated reasons (although our relationship has been somewhat of a strained one at least since my father died). Almost two years ago, I innocently sent a parcel of fabric to a dollmaker on her because she needed some and I had the time and inclination to do it. Now, we are the best of friends and she is my Mama whom I love so very much more than I ever did my real one!
  13. Here's hoping that there is a good outcome to all of this...and soon!