• Last visited

0 Neutral

About aurajane

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://www.myspace.com/auramarzouk

Profile Information

• Interests
    DOLLHOUSES (of course). Reading, sculpting, photography, cooking (mostly baking), sewing, and raising my 3 beautiful children.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Aura
  • Country
    United States
  1. Thank you Gail. I think I'll let him put together a couple more peices from the village and eventually get to his goal of assembling the half scale castle.
  2. My 9 year old son, Caleb, built his first house. It is actually the small house from the Greenleaf Village kit. He made it for a 4-H project. They were supposed to make a coin (piggy) bank. He made "hinges" out of ribbon, put hardwood flooring on the inside, made the top window the slot for coins and even put his name in mosaic tile on the roof. He painted pictures of flowers and trees and birds all over the sides. I was amazed at his use of color. More daring than me for sure. He said his favorite part was using the hot glue gun to glue the shingles. Mommy had to cut them though. Not letting a 9 year old boy loose with an exacto knife. I am so proud!!! He got a purple ribbon, which is 1st place in his class, and his project is going on to the county wide judging. Keep you fingers crossed for him! He said he can't wait to build another one... another mini addict in the making. :welcome: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=35936
  3. aurajane

Caleb's House

This is my 9 year old son's first house. It was a project for 4-H. It is actually a piggy bank.
  4. On their website, almost every week they have a 40% off one item coupon. I have used it to buy a couple dollhouse kits and lots of furniture in the past. Also, right before Christmas they have 50% off dollhouse furniture and accessories. I wish they carried more Greenleaf houses though. Only one of those there....
  5. It is beautiful. Your attention to detail is amazing. Looks like you could just walk in and have a cup of tea.
  6. After I saw this post earlier, I had my hubby take me and the kids to see the movie. It was great. I was facinated with all the miniature detail. It's like touring the most detailed dollhouse for an hour and a half. Everything was handmade. I googled this movie and it is amazing all the work they did. Even the clothes were hand knit. A must see for mini lovers.
  7. This is absolutely amazing! This is my favorite male doll of all time. You did a great job!
  8. That must have been so hard to decorate and make little minis for it. I have enough trouble with 1:12 scale. I can't imagine going this small! It looks really good!
  9. http://www.craftsetc.com/store/search.aspx...texture+gallery I bought one of these today. Was 4.99. It is a rubber stamp tool that can be used for clay. I think this will make an excellent textured ceiling. Thought I would share the idea. Also, for anyone who may be interested and in the area, The Jackson TN Hobby Lobby had a com[leted Alison Jr for 149.99. I would have bought it, but I already have an Alison Jr. Needed a few touchg ups on the railings.
  10. You might try very small pices of velcro at the head, hands and feet. Just get velcro that matches the fabric, cut is as small as possible and sew a few stitches by hand to attatch it to the fabric.
  11. It's great that they did that. I had a similar situation with dollhouses and more, sent them an email 30 seconds after confirming my order about the error, and they never even responded. I have ordered from Miniatures.com, and they are my fav.
  12. So elegant! I love it. My husband and I also don't do traditional chocolates and flowers. I got vanilla beans for V-Day.
  13. That link went right on the favorites list. Thank you so much for sharing it!
  14. aurajane

P1140018.JPG

The detail on that staircase is unbelievable! This house has been placed on my top 5 best houses I've seen list.
  15. Nice looking house. I might suggest to do an acrylic varnish on some of the wood though. Maybe just on the furniture, or floors. You can get glossy or matte. It gives it a nice finished look and it is really cheap. A light color on the wall would also help tremendously if your worried that it is too dark. I think light cream goes great with dark woods.