About Howard Allgood

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Howard
  • Country
    United States/Canada
  1. Were you able to get instructions for your VH-600 doll house from GrandpawJim? I have a 1978 era VH-600 and am trying to finish it but need pages 10 & 11.
  2. Do you still have the vh600 instructions? My house was purchased in 1978. I need pages 10 &11. I bought a set of instructions from ebay but it is a newer house and is not the same. mine is only 43" long lather than 47" long.
  3. I have a Dura-Craft VH-600 Victorian Minature House Kit that I started on in 1978 and never finished. I have started back now to finishing it and some of my instructions are missing. I looked on ebay and purchased another set but when they arrived I found that they are dated revised 4-10-1987 and this is a somewhat different house. Mine is 21"x43"x40" and the instructions I purchased are for a houise that is 21"x47"x40". My steps are in the center and the newer one's steps are on one end to name a couple of differences. I was wondering if anyone had a copy the instructions for the earlier 1978 house. I actually have pages 1 thru 9 and 12 thru15. I think the only pages I am missing are 10 & 11, which have some critical diagrams that I need to see to assemble this older version.
  4. thanks for the info, The house kit was purchased in 1978. If I purchase windows what thickness do I need? will 1/2' work ?
  5. I am looking for windows for my dollhouse and have priced them on line at around $10.00 each and in craft stores. I find vendors on ebay advertising 8 to 10 windows for around $20.00 for all 8 to 10 including shipping. Has anyone used these windows and are they OK?
  6. I have started back working on my Dura Craft VH-600 Victorian Dollhouse that I started in 1978. The kit comes with pieces to make the windows but I would like to upgrade the windows and doors to a NICER premade window that has the fancier trim. I have already assembled the basic structure with all the window and door openings as stated in the instructions FIRST problem I have encountered is that the windows & doors that I have found online are not the same size as my openings. My window openings are 2 1/2 inches wide x 4 3/4 Inches High. What I am finding is basicly 2 9/16" wide x 5 1/16" windows. I guess I can file or sand the width easily the additional 1/16" but removing 5/16 " is going to require sawing out the top or bottom of the opening and it seems that will be awfully hard. The doors on the other hand width wise are OK at 3" but the height of my door openings are 8" and the doors I have found are 7 9/16" tall so I will have to make the openings shorter to except these doors. There are window and door thicknesses advertised ranging from 5/16" to 1/2". I have no idea which thickness to order. If someone out there has any advice on what to do I would appreciate any advice. Maybe someone makes a window and door that fits this house, If you know of someone please let me know.