Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Michelle
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

428 profile views
  1. Ok im putting my molding in and I cant seem to decide on what to do. On the 2nd level stair way going up to the 3rd level of the garfield its all open. so I cant figure out what to do there. I fabric the bottom and painted the top so I need something there to seperate it. Any suggestions?
  2. the one in the picture is in randolph county NC right by asheboro(NC zoo is in asheboro) and the only other one still standing is in catawba county which is by hickory. both are about an hour from charlotte. Heres a website that tells about them, theres more covered bridges in nc but there not the originals.http://www.ohiobarns.com/covbri/nc/nccb.html
  3. well my bridge got 3rd place in the county fair... which im happy with. there was 10 other houses there other then mine. the first place house also got judges choice for everything(couldnt see why, no detail nothing, looked like someone glued 4 pieces of wood together).Anyways, ill quit ranting.... it makes me just want to try even harder for next year. i know ill be starting out alot erlier then 2 months before.
  4. yeah i did get it done in time for the contest, Im also going to enter it in the fair that hits in about a week to see if I can happen to get a ribbon out of it. to weather it I used the bug juice on the outside of it and the shingles was also used with the bug juice. The inside was done with the vingar and steel wool. the vinigar and steel wool turned it a rusted color which was purfect for the inside. I was very happy on how the bug juice came out, it was purfect for the look I was going for.
  5. TwiliteAngel

Covered bridge

a model of a covered bridge in NC
  6. Everything in this model is made out of wood, glue and paint.
  7. well heres the pics I promised. its a model of a covered bridge that is in North Carolina.. theres only 2 original bridges still standing and this is one of them. this is what it originally looks like.
  8. well i havent been on here much.. ive been working like crazy on the wood project,trying to get it finished before the end of the month. im finally finished . i should have my pictures up tomorrow.
  9. well boo hiss.... the vinigar didnt do as well as i was hopeing, some of the wood turned the color I wanted and some of them didnt, there a off color of brown and some are grey, so now I have to come up with something else, I guess ill try the bug juice on the walls and just have the floor diffrent colors.
  10. im trying to figure out something. I used the vinigar and steel wool on my building and it turns out the right color for what im wanting, I was just wondering if you had to water it down or could you do just the vinigar right on it, I didnt know if it would eat the wood more if you dont water it down or if it just makes it darker. cause it says use like a cup of vinigar and a cup of water and then put it on. Do you have to add the water?
  11. i love my dremel, but I ended up buying the $20 dollar one from walmart it had like 2 speeds on it. Well I found out the battery doesnt last that long on it and I was having to charge the battery all the time and the speeds wouldnt even do that much, especally with wood. theres a ten speed one that works amazing but it runs about $70 and I couldnt afford that one but my hubby has the 10 speed and loves I love it to death. I started to look the 10 speed up on ebay and they run about the same as what they are in the store but you get an extra battery with it(about $50). But the batterys dont last that long if you use it alot. I ended up using an older dremel that has a cord and 5 speeds and that works the best out of the ones that I used.
  12. i did my garfield all in fabric and that was very interesting. I tried the stock paper on and and didnt care for it and then I just ended up gluing it right on the walls and figure out where the windows were then. It wasnt that hard just a little time consuming but I think it looked pretty good at the end. I tried the starch and I didnt care for it, I didnt think it made it stiff enough. I used aleenes tacky glue on it and it is defently stuck on there, one it dries its very hard to get off.
  13. i used scrapbook paper in one of my rooms but I also like fabric on the walls. pretty much all my rooms is done with a fabric of some kind it adds alot of texture to a room. I got a bunch of clearanced fabric from a fabric shop for like $.95 and it would do a whole room and extra for the curtins or rugs. I think i got like a forth of a yard and still had plenty left over. So you can always check that out also. Just make sure it doesnt unravel very easy.
  14. I am still working on my garfield(also my first dollhouse) and its going on 7 months later. Like they say on here you dont realize how big that thing is till you get some of the walls together. If you do decied to do a hinge on the doors not to scare you or anything, I would practice on trying to put the little screws in.( they are a huge pain in the but, ask everyone in here) i couldnt get them in half the time so I ended up using super glue on them(just make sure it dont get in the hinge) and they were just fine after that.
  15. they are very time consuming but they are starting to look great. im trying to do about 120 a day so I dont spend all my 2 months making rocks. they take about 30 sec to shape them but you have to cut out the wood and then paint them also so it does take a little longer unless you have someone painting them for you. Which I dont get to often, Hubby wont help me on the project, which I didnt really figure he would help me to much. I dont have any nails left on my left hand now from holding the little pieces and using the dremel. I tried useing pliers to hold them and it takes up more time then actually trying to be careful. but I do like them and they are makeing me feel proud for actually completing as many as I have, I thought id give up by now.