• Last visited

0 Neutral

About jiggitykid

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Karen
  • Country
    United States
  1. Thank you for your welcome and for your advice. No, I don't think dear hubby would allow me to cut holes in our doors. They are 100 years old. The house we are in is 100 years old this year - almost 101. LOL! Now that you've said how to make the basement, all I can think is DUH! Thank you again. As I said, I'm new and my questions may seem silly, but I'm just gettin' started.
  2. Hi! I am brand new to the dollhouse building world (after watching my poor parents struggle and then finally give up 30 years ago when trying to build a house for me when I was a child). Santa Claus brought my child a Beacon Hill dollhouse kit for Christmas, and we are ALL excited. Intimidated, but excited. While we are getting our building area together and assembling our tools, I have a few start off questions I hope someone will be able to answer. 1) Is there a basement kit available for the Beacon Hill, or instructions for one? 2) What tool would you say is absolutely essential (besides patience) to build this? 3) Most instructions I've seen (and I have to order the instructions because one of Santa's elves fell down on the job and only included pages three and four) say to do wallpaper/paint prior to assembly. Is this the consensus? 4) Once assembled, will the dollhouse fit through a standard doorway, or do we need to build it where it will live? I know they may seem like silly questions, but since I have no instructions and I'm a total newbie, please be patient with me :-). Thanks!