• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Real Name
    Lori
  • Country
    United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

365 profile views
  1. I very much appreciate all of your help and support on this. I am grateful for the time you took to write these notes. For the moment, I have now found a Facebook page that is focused on identification of miniatures, and I think it’s going to be a lot easier for me to post pictures there. So I’m going to try that out for a little while and see if it feels the need. For anybody who is interested in joining in the identification project, that Facebook page is called the dollhouse, identification and miniatures group, and you can easily join it to see the posts. Again, thank you for your welcoming responses.
  2. Just tried my heart out to post in gallery. I only had the option to use an URL, and not to post a photo from my photos. What am I doing wrong?
  3. Kathie, it is wonderful to hear from you. I think of you from time to time. The number of things in need of identification is ridiculous and it changes all the time. I do not actually control my own website at all and have no idea how to add or subtract anything. That’s why I was hoping it might be easy to do here. I would love to put a few things on each day. I don’t know whether there are people on the floor of who are interested in, that sort of question. I will try to look for the gallery. I’m not very good with tech stuff lol.
  4. Hello Friends! My name is Lori Kagan-Moore and I am the founder and curator of the Great American Dollhouse Museum in Danville Kentucky. I am interested in any help I can get identifying marks of artists on merchandise and artifacts that come through the store. I just tried to attach a photograph, but I got a message that it was too big. I’m using an iPhone. What is the easiest way to shrink the photograph in such a way that I can add it? Or I could take another photo but I don’t know how to make it smaller. Any help would be appreciated.
  5. Lovely wicker, and I love the color you chose for it!
  6. Just adorable! Enjoyed every slide! : )
  7. What a lovely slide show you have created of our museum! Thank you so much! Selkie, in response to your comment: yes, I confess it's a cool job. And we do travel all over the country to pick up donations, if we need the item. Road trip! Hope you can drop in and visit some day.
  8. Kathie, Is it your Birthday? Happy, happy birthday! Lori Kagan-Moore, from The Great American Dollhouse Museum
  9. Hello, I'm new here. Hope I do this right! We at The Great American Dollhouse Museum in Danville, Kentucky, put our first video onto a channel just a day or two ago. We're going to make more, hopefully! I wanted to ask Greenleaf members to do us the very special favor of sending this link around other forums, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc, so that we can successfully launch our video. I thank you in advance for the help! Lori Kagan-Moore, Director and Curator, The Great American Dollhouse Museum Ugh. I'm sorry, I don't know how to embed it. Only to supply the link. Thanks for watching, and if anybody else knows how to embed it here and feels like doing it, please feel free!! : )
  10. Hello, Everyone, Thank you for your many kind remarks and descriptions. I am very grateful for the outpouring of support and praise from the miniatures community. Yes, we do allow photography. Yes, we do have a large brick-and-mortar miniatures store. Danville is a beautiful little town with a lot to do; easy to fill a day trip or weekend with places to stay, shopping (including, among many others, a lovely quilt shop), restaurants, historical venues, art and theatre. Most of all, Yes, I'd love to see all of you at the museum. I'm almost always there. Warmly, Lori Kagan-Moore, Director and Curator The Great American Dollhouse Museum http://www.TheDollhouseMuseum.com/
  11. Love for everybody to see it: It's an ABC news story on The Great American Dollhouse Museum in Danville, KY. It helps the Museum for everyone to pass the link on to their mailing lists! Thanks! Lori
  12. Hello, Everyone! Hello, Kathie! I would LOVE to have you all visit the Museum. Kathie, it has changed so much since your visit, you positively won't recognize it! We've been given some Brooke Tuckers and Lady Janes, and we're settling in a Liz LeBosse. Next week a woman from Florida is bringing a vintage replica of James Buchanon's house. Melissa Chaple created and donated a fairy house that is not-boohoo- in the movie, but is truly fabulous. It would be so nice if you could see everything! Don't know if the Sea Dawg was in place when you came, but you can see it-- albeit blurrily-- in the ABC-TV news story, . It was a Greenleaf kit that a talented young woman turned into a seashell shop around 30 years ago. IT won several ribbons and was the cover story of Nutshell News. I had a quick email chat with Adam Johnson. He's our director of tourism, a young, energetic, extremely nice guy who knows a lot of stuff about the resources around here. To quote from his email, "love to host them and could help with their arrangements". So, that's on offer... and yes, of course you can use the Museum's meeting room for meals we could get catered in, workshops if you want to do them for each other, or whatever! Hugs, Lori
  13. Hello, all! Thank you so much for the many kind words! Holly, you are correct, our website is www.thedollhousemuseum.com and there are numerous photos on the site. We continue our work in the museum to finish, improve, change. We've just had a fabulous donation of some stunning miniature room boxes by, (shhhh, don't tell anybody, they're not yet on display!) Brooke Tucker and Lady Jane! We're pretty excited! If you google them you'll see why! We have an extensive collection of antique furniture and houses, and also some terrific contemporary ones, but this really tops off our collection of special artisan miniature displays. Should be of special interest to the miniaturists in our midst. I spoke to the cabinet maker today and he thinks he can have them built in by Valentines Day for a festive and romantic unveiling. Enchanted, it was great meeting you recently. Kathie, good to hear your voice again! Let me know if I can do anything to facilitate a visit. Yours, Lori Kagan-Moore, director and curator, The Great American Dollhouse Museum