Brezavaqt

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Posts posted by Brezavaqt

1. This forum is so dope!!! I was looking for the same instructions because it's been years since I worked on my farmhouse. I searched the internet and found someone selling the instructions for $6.99. I'm not knocking anyone's hustle...but ummmmmm...it's so nice to know I am among FRIENDS. Lol. 

Thankful to be a part of this forum. :cucumber:

• Like 1
  2. You have done a fantastic job on this house!!! Thank you for the inspiration. Ironically, I pulled my incomplete one out yesterday and said I was going to attempt to complete it. Dura-Craft are not easy to put together; you have made this look SO easy. So, know that I am doing a bow to you. And welcome to the group! You have definitely started out in here with a BANG!! :-) 

• Like 2
  3. I haven't seen it, but someone else posted about this (raving about it) on Facebook. For me, it doesn't matter what type of floor I use, I always use a template so that I can pull my floor up easy if I have an electrical issue. Plus, it doesn't damage the flooring as a whole!

4. I have searched the forums and cannot find the answer, so here I am!

Hi Everyone!!!

I am working on a front-opening Country Victorian dollhouse. When I received it, someone had already wired the front opening with the tapewire and made sure that it was connected to the hinges.  Now, my issue is, I have no clue as to how to start the regular tapewire process and how to connect the two.  Do I go ahead and put the junction splice and tapewire in the house as normal, but connect the new tapewire run to the hinges that already have the tapewire?   

I checked the handy dandy Greenleaf Gazette and only see an article for hybrid wiring and not tapewiring with a front opening-like how do you start after the front-opening has already been done?

Here are pics of what I mean...

Thanks everyone, truly appreciated. I can't continue to put this house together for my cousin until I get it wired correctly!! :-) *And I am up for the challenge!!!

**I hope this makes sense!

Bre

106492670_2361071310853970_1944229538101239441_n.jpg

81372177_2361071290853972_4036335234718975837_n.jpg

5. Thank you SO much!! I realized that I had this book and looked it up.  YOU are the best, even still. I love this mini community. Again, thank you tremendously, just for taking the time to assist me.

I'm going to check your gallery; I want to see your progress using the cardboard and foamboard. I've seen some really outstanding houses made from these materials!

Bre

6. Hi Asherah-

I have all RGT houses and they are all electrified. I use electrical tape on all connections and sometimes I will solder the connections; depends on what the fixture is and how easily accessible it is to change a bulb. The hollow brass eyelets are really good for holding the wiring. But, you will have to use the pilot hole punch to get it in there. 

Everyone has given great advice and there are tons of how-to's on youtube and the likes.

Good luck and we can't wait to see your work!! :-) 

Bre

7. I've seen a few posts about Dura Craft dollhouses missing parts. I know I'm a few "years" late, lol...but I hope this helps.  I had a Madison and was misisng one of the main wall pieces. I found out that a company on Ebay (Manchester Dollhouse & Woodworks) potentially had Dura Craft parts. I contacted the owner (Mr. Mark West) and explained which part I was missing. Would you all believe he was able to make the part for me? And he only charged me like $20.  :-)

So, if you have a Dura Craft and are missin pieces/parts, I suggest going with him.  Here's the email address:

austinnoggles@manchesterdollhouseandwoodworks.com  
  8. I do exactly as Matt says. I make a template with regular white paper. Then, I use matte board to make the real flooring template and put my flooring on. That is sturdy and it stays flat. I never permanently affix my flooring so that I can get to wiring if needed.

9. Update... I got two of the three bulbs in. I was under time constraints because my mom was coming to pick up the dollhouse to transport it to VA for the little darling that's getting it. So, what I ended up doing was using this little gadget I purchased at Big Lots a few years back, it's a lamp that clamps to any small surface and has a magnifying glass attached to it. I'll post a pic in a few. I was able to cut the two wires down and insert them. The magic is in how you cut the wires and how you hold it to get them in.

Never-the-less, just like Kathie B said...someone needs to rethink these types of sconces. Because once installed, you would have to tear up your wallpaper to remove it. :-(

Thanks EVERYONE for your encouragement and advice!

10. Hello All!! I've been on a mini hiatus, but I am back! :-) And of course...I need assistance. I blew ALL of the bulbs in a wall sconce that uses the bi-pin grain of rice flame bulbs. I cannot seem to get the two little wires back into the tiny holes of the chandelier. Does anyone have a trick of the trade?

The wires keep bending when I attempt to get them in the little holes. I managed to get two back in, only to knock them out by accident again. Oh, and did I fail to mention the sconce is already installed in the dollhouse hallway (a tight space)-UGH!!!

Please help!! (*Stressed!!)

post-3899-0-53269500-1397334340_thumb.jp

post-3899-0-49323700-1397334480_thumb.jp

11. Congrats on the new house! I'm with Gloria...things always have a way of working out! We only have one life to live, so grab any piece of happiness you can (which happens to be minis) and RUN with it! Can't wait to see pics!!

• Like 3
  12. Welcome to our mini world Ashlen. This forum is great for assistance-no matter which dollhouse you are building. For inspiration, I just google other dollhouse pictures and real life pictures of houses (for paint colors). There are lots of sites (web) out there for beginners-google, again. Lol. Good luck with your first house and remember to have fun!

13. Welcome to the family, Bill. I am certain your daughter will cherish this house for mini, mini years to come. I think at 40, she'll actually appreciate it more than when she was younger. At our age(s), we simply are able to afford the nicer things to put in the house! :-) It makes the collection that much better. I know I can't wait to see which house you choose to build her! Good luck with the build and you have definitely come to the right place for lots of help!

14. Had mine hacked several times too...Walmart.com and Amazon.com...it's a TERRIBLE feeling. I now have a love/hate relationship with the computer world we are living in. LOVE the convenience of not having to deal with people when I shop, but HATE the evil folks who spend their time figuring out ways to get over (i.e., using my hard earned funds to fund their desires). They have no consideration for the folks they hack.

Glad everything worked out for you! :-) Mini hugs...

15. Just recently acquired this house. I can't wait to start the rehab process. I'm thinking about colors-for some reason all white with black shutters has me captivated. Does anyone recognize this house? The garage is really neat, it opens (flips up) and is a nice size. :-)

post-3899-0-13623600-1367461023_thumb.jp

• Like 2