Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Jerene
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,174 profile views
  1. Sending (((((hugs))))) and prayers. Even though we know our loved ones are no longer in pain and suffering, being left behind is hard.
  2. ajere

Fibromyalgia

Deb, Thanks for the welcome. I don't know how much my perspective will help anyone, since this is all I have ever known. I will answer questions to the best of my ability, and from my own perspective. I am by no means an expert, and with this curse, what works for one, doesn't work for another. That seems to be the only constant with fibro, that is different for everyone. I know from experience that drastic weather changes are going to make me hurt, a lot. The other times I go into a flare can sometimes be predicted. If I push myself to the point of exhaustion, I am going to pay for that. If I over use muscles, it will take days to recover. Sometimes I can tell I am going to flare, other times I am blindsided. And sometimes I ignore the signs, because I'm stubborn like that. Hot baths with at least a cup of Epsom salts help some. Massage and massage with hot rocks are wonderful. I love me some Tiger Balm, but all the rub on stuff helps. I have had my kids, and now my grandkids pound on my upper back, it seems to interrupt the signals from the nerves, at least for a while. The biggest piece of advice I can give is to keep moving. Even though you hurt, even though you feel you are going to fall over, keep moving. You don't have to move constantly, and sometimes the effort of putting one foot in front of the other seems impossible. But walk at least a little bit. You can rest as often as you need to, but don't just stay in bed all day. The more you lay around, the less you will be able to do. I'm not suggesting a marathon every day but move, at least a little, every single day. I can't say enough good things about warm water exercise. You are supported by the water, your muscles are kept warm and you have a little resistance from the water. Best thing ever!!
  3. ajere

Fibromyalgia

I decided I will jump in here. I, too, have fibro. I was diagnosed 15 years ago, but from the exhaustive history taken by the rhumy I have had it since I was a small child. The first flare I remember is when I was 6. I also have arthritis, and I'm getting a new hip in January.
  4. Hey, My user name is my middle initial and the first 4 letters of my first name. Not very original, but it works. I love reading how everyone picked their user names, some I had kind of guessed, others were not so easy. Wonderful thread!!
  5. ajere

1/6 scale house!

That is beautiful. The stair treads look like they have wear marks on them. Are there Fairies, Leprechauns, Brownies living there?
  6. Barn is picky! LOL Sounds like quite the diva. I love it
  7. ajere

Living room

Beautiful room.
  8. Wow, that chimney is incredible.
  9. ajere

PA130006

The sink is wonderful. I wish I had one like that in my rl kitchen.
  10. Melissa, so very sorry for your loss. This kit is adorable, and the candles with your embellishments are wonderful. I will enjoy watching your further progress on this.
  11. ajere

2nd FL office

That is a fantastic room. I love the tiny folders and blotter on the desk.
  12. I am about 160 miles from Norfolk. I live about 5 miles south of I-80, so very easy to get here. I don't know where in Iowa Blondie is located, but it sure would be fun to have a get together!! Once you get moved I would LOVE to get together. I am actually located about 5 miles south of I-80, so easy to get to, and easy to find! Or we could meet somewhere.