Shellie
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

633 profile views
  1. ShellieWill

My Holiday Houses

Display outside my home, a dozen dollhouses decorated for the holidays
  2. I have found Creative Clay to malke the best stones. It is easy to apply right to the outside walls of the dollhouse, oncve it has set for a while, take a tool and draw around the stones. Once completly dry, paint stain or coloir any way you want. The spray with a sealer. After sealed you can add grout. I will try to post pics of the many stone projects I've done, Shellie
  3. ShellieWill

CIMG1020.JPG

Clever idea for the kitchen floor and it turned out great. I also like the interior door and choice of wall covering, I can't wait to see it with cabinets and appliances! I will follow your progress. Shellie
  4. Diane, Be sure to score along the punch out lines with an exacto knife. I know this sounds like a lot of work, but it helps when you punch out. I score by inserting the exacto blade into the grove and tracing the outlines, then punch carefully from the right side of the wood to prevent splintering. Patience is needed, then sanding. Good luck with your project! Shellie
  5. I wondering where to hide the lighting. I like to electrify all my mini projects and try to find nooks and crannies to hide the connector and cord. Maybe I could build up the base underneath? I'm thinking outdoor theatre in the park, concert, jazz ensemble.... Shellie
  6. I just won a few auctions on eBay for re-ment miniatures. I know they are a bit large for 1:12 scale, but I want to see them and see if they are usable in certain settings. I won some plastic dishes that look like art glass that can be used in my miniature shop. The plates would be scale platters, etc. I'll let you know the quality and size when they arrive from Hong Kong. Shellie
  7. Steve, It is a great book and there is another Dollhouses to Dreamhouses II. Dennis and Sandy wrote two Dreamhouse books. I knew them and saw the houses in person. They were experts in "kit bashing" making changes to the original kits and Dennis would landscape and use their own line of miniature masonry. Unfortunately, the store (Kimberly House in Las Vegas) is closed now. Dennis passed away years ago. This book is the best I have seen on changing a Greenleaf kit from the one pictured on the box into anything you can dream of! Happy Reading, Shellie