• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Jody
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1154 profile views
  1. Anyone visit the Molly Cromwell show in Sturbridge, Mass today. I for one was very disappointed. I’ve been going for years and each year there seems to be fewer and fewer vendors. I especially missed Teresa Layman and her rug kits. 
  2. making dolls

Here are a couple to get you started.  Patricia Rose sometimes has a doll sculpture tutorial that you can follow along with while she sculps.  Also use to have tutorials for making the wire armatures and sells molds if you are not sure you want to try freehand.  Good luck. http://www.ooakdollart.com http://patriciarosestudio.blogspot.com
  3. Deluxe Dollhouse Tool Set

I find a small carpenter's square invaluable for, well getting things square, such as walls etc and I love the Irwin or DeWalt mini clamps (Home Depot) as well as a few larger clamps.  The blue ones pictured above I just found a pain. Wander the tool isle at the Depot and Lowes. ;)  
  4. table for displaying my dollhouse

I have a tv cart which has wheels on it and some storage space underneath and I screwed a turntable to it and then a piece of plywood and placed my dollhouse on that. I can move the whole dollhouse or just spin it around to work on it.  I also have my Beacon Hill on a coffee table that I picked up at Salvation Army and that works pretty well.
  5. Miniature Crowns

I bought a small crown at Michaels in the charm section.  Fits pretty well on the dolls, but i have it on a dresser in one of the dollhouse bedrooms.  
  6. Real Mini Plants

Search Outdoor Garden railways.  I had one years ago and there are lots of small leaf plants you can use for your dollhouses.  Most you can keep small  by keeping them clipped.  I would imagine it might be hard to keep them in small containers though, just from a watering standpoint.
  7. It seemed smaller to me and some of my favorites were not there.  In years past there have been so many people you can't get near the tables.  So it was nice to be able to talk to vendors and not get pushed around.  I was just wondering if anyone else felt the show lacked or if it was me not feeling inspired.    
  8. Did anyone else go to the Sturbridge Show?  I must say I was a little disappointed this year.    
  9. Miniature flowers and plants question

Hanky Panky Crafts has lots of punches, paper and other supplies for making flowers.  If you need help you can call and they are very helpful.  Some of the punches are expensive but you can also find lower end ones.  Very nice to work with.  What I have also had luck with is looking at punches to find the shapes I need. A couple of the Martha Stewart and Fiskars border punches and mixed flower punches are small enough to get the right size.  (I usually wait till I have a coupon) Look at a hydrangea petal and then look at punches at Michaels or even Amazon and see it you can make them work.   www.hankypankycrafts.com.  I usually buy my flower making paper from Amazon called Tant 100 Color papers.  
  10. Miniature flowers and plants question

Here is a great site.  weloveminiatures.com.  She has Hosta tutorial and printout.  I cut out two leaves and glued the stem between them, instead of coloring the back of the leaves.
  11. Use for mini iron attachment

I use mine to put down the wood veneer edging strips for flooring in my dollhouse.  I made a parquet floor cutting out to a pattern and then used the iron which heats the adhesive on the back and as you press down and move it along it melts it to the floor of the house.  Don't leave in one spot for to long, sort of slide along.  You can see when the adhesive starts to melt.  Don't use if for fabric after this though, and make sure you clean as much adhesive off while its warm.  I run mine over a damp sponge.
  12. Sturbridge Show...2011

Anyone go to the show? I got there today when it opened and there weren't many people. I should have moved faster though. By the time I left you had to wait to get near the tables. That is sort of a drag in my opinion. I bought some planters, a 1/12 baby, and misc. little wine bottles and things like that. I just love Nancy Cronin and her dolls and enjoyed talking to her about them. There was a lot of 1/2 scale and 1/4 scale this year it seems. I don't think there were as many vendors this year. Maybe the Tornado scared them away.
  13. On the warpath

I live in New England and back from the road. My Postal driver will often drive down our long driveway and deliver my packages which I tell her I appreciate beyond belief. I've had UPS leave stuff on my trash barrel at the end of the driveway till I called the office and told them that probably wasn't a great idea, especially on trash day. Now they come down down the driveway. Once in the middle of winter he left my Beacon Hill in the snow in a bag at least with a note on it saying sorry he couldn't drive down in the snow, so at least he apologized. And Fed Ex, well they lost my Brimbles last year and it has never turned up. Greenleaf replaced it for me no charge though and sent the new one UPS. I think it just comes down to the Integrity of the person who is delivering. Most of the time they get it right.
  14. No 5am shopping for me...anyone else???

No Black Friday for me either. I hate crowds. I like the Old UPS truck to come down the driveway and deliver it to my door so only online shopping for me, though I did go to Michaels this morning at 9 am to get Martha Stewart Twine to make Candy canes for my dollhouse. Check out Joanns page for some great xmas ideas. http://joannswansondiyminiatures.blogspot.com/
  15. How did I miss this thread? It was I Nathaniel who met you at the show. I stopped at Sherri's table a couple of times but she was busy. Sorry I didn't get to meet the rest of you, I didn't realize there were others there from the show. I liked looking this year and I usually go around the whole thing a couple of times. Seems like less people this year at least in the morning. Last year I got annoyed because it was 3 deep at most tables and I had to pass on stuff because it was just to crowded. Maybe we should organize a meet and greet at Earth and Tree some weekend.