• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Sable
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

11,544 profile views
  1. I’ve always decorated the completely built house. First I decide my color scheme. I purchase 4 sheets of craft paper for each room from Hobby Lobby or Michael’s. Cut each piece to wall size plus add a quarter inch to the left and right walls so they can wrap around the rear wall. Apply the left and right papers first using wallpaper paste. Wrap the extra tabs to the rear wall. Then apply the rear paper. I hope this helps.
  2. If they are too long, don’t be afraid to cut them.
  3. Hello all, I’ve been waiting for something to inspire me and then I started bingeing all seven seasons of Grace and Frankie on Netflix. I was so inspired by their Adirondack Chairs that I created my own version. https://screenrant.com/grace-frankie-season-7-release-date-final-episodes/
  4. Go to YouTube and search “The Great Big Tiny Design Challenge”
  5. Week 2 was an Art Deco bath. The winner deserved to win. I have an issue with the winning razor. It looked like a disposable one not a 1920’s era razor.
  6. I just watched the first episode on YouTube. Through the magic of an intelligent son I was able to watch it on TV. Each contestant has a expertise but they are all amateurs, to some extent. I cheated and went right to the end to see the finished projects. Remember, they have a short time to finish so the quality may not meet our high standards.
  7. A new TV series in England began this week. I can seem to attach the trailer but it looks like the Pros are competing. I recommend searching the show name The Great Big Tiny Design Challenge. https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/57457/the-great-big-tiny-design-challenge
  8. Les Petits is having their Annual Show. I was proud to see photos of one of my favorite creations on their ad poster.
  9. I want to thank havanaholly and KathieB and I’m sure a few others for the “crinkled brown paper bag” used instead of sandpaper to give a baby-butt finish to a wood project I’ve been working on. I wasn’t getting the perfectly smooth surface I wanted and I was advised not to use steel wool and then I had an epiphany.....Holly and Kathie’s paper bag trick!!!! Thanks.
  10. Thinking of everyone in Ida’s path.
  11. Size 8 Pearl Cotton Thread Ball Available at Michael’s
  12. At craft stores such as Hobby Lobby they sell poster frames. I use the large plastic cover for my houses. I use a blade to cut to the size of the opening then I attach thin strips of sticky Velcro to attach to the house. The frame’s backer board is used as a work board to cover and protect my worktable.