• Dollhouse Preference Please Select
  • Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Sable
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

6978 profile views
  1. How to create scale wallpaper?

Would you consider using a solid paper like I did in my bar? http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=132831
  2. Troweled stucco technique

Drywall compound and a butter knife as a trowel. 
  3. Flooring

Yes. 
  4. Flooring

This house was painted completely with very inexpensive Crayola Watercolor paints. It was probably one of the larger sized pallets with 9 or so colors. The odd thing was that when the grey watercolor was applied to the pine siding  it turn this bluish green color. I was delighted by the affect. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=39295
  5. Flooring

I think I’ve purchased every grey stain on the market and never found one that stains like I want it too. For some reason grey stains are just like paint, the wood grain never shows through. 
  6. Schematics for Willowcrest?

It’s really better to call them.
  7. Help! I need 1/2" scale hardware!

Wire cutters work great, I like the cup idea. Then I rub any jagged edges against some sandpaper.
  8. Anyone built Grosvenor Hall

For me personally, templates are an unnecessary extra time consuming step. Just put the paper directly on the wall. Put the flooring on the floor. You’ll get the hang of it. edit: like Kathie said.
  9. Like Holly, I use real wallpaper paste. I make sure I have good coverage by applying it with a paintbrush and “booking” the paper for a few minutes. I live in very hot and humid Florida. My first house was completely decorated in a hot and humid garage. The paper held up just fine. Club members warned me about the potential for mold and mildew though. Now I decorate everything inside.
  10. Once inside, use a steam iron to reactivate the paste. 
  11. Full moon

I sat up for two nights and barely saw anything. Clear sky but too many city lights. It’s too creepy to go out into the Everglades in the middle of the night to get away from the lights. 
  12. What did you use for glue? By any chance was it Yes paste?
  13. What are you up to today? This week?

Has anyone recently been to the French Alps? I’m going to be there next month and I’m looking for ideas on what to see. Any ideas between Annecy and Strasbourg are welcome.
  14. Advice

Windows and doors are installed last. Too easy to mess them up while doing the rest of the house.
  15. What are you up to today? This week?

Prepping the garage for hurricane season/Sept and Oct. Unfortunately, that means my half of the garage which is my work area is being dismantled, reconfigured and downsized. I have a huge stainless steel food prep work table which had been used for storing all of my larger tools. I just put it up on Craigslist and Nextdoor. DH consolidated his collection of Christmas lights from 4 buckets to one so I can put my tools on the wall shelves. I still have my workbench against the rear wall. The whole point of this is to make room in the garage for the two cars. We will be in Europe for 2 1/2 weeks during the height of our hurricane season so I want everything all battened down before we leave. I might even put the shutters up before we leave. The city might fine me but at least I won’t need to panic should a storm come South Florida’s way.