• Dollhouse Preference Please Select
  • Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Sable
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

5732 profile views
  1. What are you up to today? This week?

It’s a long story but there has always been a chemical odor at our Vero house since we bought it new 8 years ago. Finally, we drilled a core sample from the bamboo flooring to realize that the adhesive is the cause. To remove the floor we have to remove the kitchen cabinets, all plumbing fixtures, possibly door trim and baseboards. And all furniture, cabinets and appliances have to be put in storage while they remove, prep and replace the floors. UUUUG!
  2. I made my modern kitchen faucet from an old radio antenna which was bent by using a tube bender, pen spring and two eyelets/grommets. Mine is 1/12 scale. I’ve made the base shorter since this photo was taken: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=120590
  3. What are you up to today? This week?

Both of my boys graduated from this high school so it’s very close to home. I’m visiting Vero and the new neighbor grew up in Columbine, CO so it’s comforting to talk to someone else experienced with a similar tragic event.
  4. What are you up to today? This week?

Please pray for the victims, families and our city as it deals with the mass shooting at our high school, Marjory Stoneman Douglas in Parkland, Florida. Thank you.
  5. My New Etsy Shop!

Mike, do you have experience/opinion with this oven?  http://www.elfminiatures.co.uk/ELF+free-standing+oven+%28opening%29+PWNETnlRRE14b0RkalZIWnZKSGM
  6. So how is the weather where you're at ?

Dry+Warm=Lovely 
  7. My New Etsy Shop!

Mike, I sent you an email via Etsy.
  8. For anyone not familiar with this tool, the tiny wheel at the upper right corner is the tool, the rest is just the handle. I agree, it would be perfect for embossing a V groove.
  9. How to paint a house

It’s a personal choice. I put together first, others do it beforehand and touch up later.  Sometimes you have to fill in gaps so I like to have it all put together in order to see what needs to be prepped first.
  10. How to paint a house

Duplicate post
  11. What did you mean by ‘stuffing up’?
  12. Correct. An attempt at an illusion  of tongue and groove. But now I remember, I used balsa instead of basswood. The grooves might be a little rougher  than if I used bass. See if it passes your hubby’s standards.
  13. I took thin 4” wide  boards of bass wood and ran it one quarter in depth with a fine blade using my mini table saw to create my t&g walls.  See attached http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=99063  
  14. What are you up to today? This week?

Oooh, my son left his paddle board here. Maybe I’ll try to learn how to do that. But how does anyone pick up one of those heavy things? Maybe not.
  15. What are you up to today? This week?

On my annual retreat in Vero Beach. This is when I runaway from home and veg out for a few weeks. Usually with healthy goals never achieved. Brought the bike, the excercise barre, hiking shoes, yoga clothing. I’ll let you know if any of it gets used. Also brought all the trim to be prepped and painted for the White House. That will get done.