Thomastourist

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Thomastourist last won the day on February 13 2014

Thomastourist had the most liked content!

59 Excellent

About Thomastourist

Profile Information

• Interests
    11 grandchildren,2great grandchildren.Holidays in UK Ballroom/sequence dancing.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Thomas
  • Country
    England

Recent Profile Visitors

1,239 profile views
  1. Thomastourist

Sad day

So sad,but you have lovely memories.Condolences.
  2. Thanks,all.Plenty to read there.This was the earlier Del Prado house which definitely needed a base.The one I picked up today is an improvement and the furniture is better but I'll have to think whether it's worth the effort before I commit.
  3. Hi,I've just rescued (bought) complete set of Del Prado Dream Doll's house.This was sold a few years ago,in the UK at least,at newsagents in 100 parts with a magazine,an expensive way to build a house!I don't know if I will make it up as each panel could not be larger than the mag it came with and I think it might not be rigid.It comes with some nice furniture and lights so I might just keep them.My question is this,has anyone here made this and have you any tips?Thanks in advance.
  4. My wife has been training me for 53 years.(But I'm perfect now!)
  5. Hi,Luci,and welcome to the site.Wooden floors are classy and if you fit skirting boards you get a neat finish.Best Wishes,Tom.
  6. Wow great work,John.What a novel idea to have a Wild West diorama and you have gone to a lot of effort to make it authentic.I look forward to seeing the finished item.
  7. Loving your pub Mike.Talk about keeping the British end up!You're the James Bond of miniatures!
  8. Hi,everybody.I've not been on this site for almost 2 years for various reasons so if I have missed any messages or comments that I should have responded to I apologize.The main thing is I am back!
  9. Hi, I use wallpaper all the time,mainly because I acquired a job lot of dolls house items which included about 600 sheets of proper wallpaper! Some were shiny but only on one side as in kitchen or bathroom washable.I size the wall half PVC wood glue and half water as I'm sure you all do (Grandmas sucking eggs and all that) and I find it best to paste the wall and apply dry paper to avoid tearing.Tom.
  10. Thomastourist

My town house so far.

Town house,work in progress.
  11. Hi, Having completed my Georgian Town House in 6 months and being happy with the result I am waiting a few weeks before I start another,even bigger,Town House with 17 windows.It has been started (badly) so it will be a challenge.Meanwhile I am busy selling on eBay,trying to sell stuff quicker than my wife buys! To be fair she is getting furniture for the "Big House" and it is a joint effort.I have planned to have a Gentleman's games room and have already bought billiard table,cue rack and tables and chairs all matching.Cost me a bit more than I wanted to pay but I can see it looking great.See pics in 6 months! Tom.
  12. Thomastourist

IMG 0627

HI, Selkie,Thanks for looking.We had a milkman and I was one for a time (about 6 weeks!) But our house was a back to back mill workers terraced house in Northern England (with no bathroom and an outside toilet).So when I build I can fantasize.This is more Upstairs Downstairs.Tom.
  13. Thomastourist

Weather Vane

As you said,"Perfect!"
  14. Thomastourist

P1010736

Bought ready made curtains on e Bay,my wife is very pleased They came with attached Velcro,easy to fit.
  15. Thanks,Deb.I have this huge Georgian Town House just waiting and although I keep telling myself it's too big a project I have already bought furniture for a Gentleman's Billiard Room and I can imagine it finished so I suppose deep down I have already decided to complete! Best Wishes,Tom,