Garfieldraising

Silver Member
  • Last visited

0 Neutral

About Garfieldraising

Profile Information

• Interests
    No interest...except this Garfield. Obsession, na...addiction! Like I found one of those biblical "good women". No TV, no scrabble, no marathons, not even a bath interest me. Okay, strike that.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Tori
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

276 profile views
  1. I think this materpiece looks great. Thought you put in overhead lighting until you mentioned the missing extention. Still debating on puting mine in or leaving it open all the way to the top. Loving the kitty
  2. Garfieldraising

Wallpapering

JO! It looks so neat and orderly and coordinated! I wallpapered the living room wall and a portion of the kitchen and bath today but nothing so nice as yours. Ran into one problem, ran the tape wire for the kitchen but never made the connection to the floor above prior to wallpapering. Now i get to go the long way around the outside, through the kitchen bay and over the 2nd floor. Reference your leaving the kitchen bay off, I put one of the windows ( next to the bay) back in, spackled it, and wallpapered over it. Looks kind of odd from the exterior but okay inside. Should give me a little more room to work with when installing the kitchen counters. Dry fit the 1st floor bay to see what it looks like; looks naked. Luckily that's way down the line. Have to take a break from the house and clean house. Have fun Tori
  3. Garfieldraising

CIMG3698.JPG

Love the door! Interested to know if the porch roof will fit nice and snug.
  4. Garfieldraising

CIMG3611.JPG

Yay! Jo is back and looking good. As for my Garfield...she's still in an almost state. In other words, just ran strip wire this AM. Looked at my base and noticed it had slipped a little. Now the kitchen bay wall is going to be off. THEN! Got a wild idea to leave the tower extentions off so you can look from the master bedroom to the top. Now I have to put in a railing so nobody walks into the hidden room and meets their untimely demise.
  5. The base was a total mental challange. Since my brain only works when it wants to, I went to the following sites. http://moreminis.blogspot.com/2007/06/arthur-day-1.html http://thegarfieldblog.blogspot.com/ Both sites are excellent, and Gina (moreminis) really breaks it down step by step. Good luck and welcome aboard.
  6. haha...thanks. Don't make me laugh, I'm covered in sawdust from the R&P process, might have a caughing fit. Horses...wow!
  7. WELCOME DAVID! See ya at Wright Pat AFB for the AF marathon...woo hoo! ;)
  8. Thanks Rosalind. I see you're really into color. love your rehab.
  9. Sounds like fun Holly. Here's one for ya if your in the Tampa area. Word of caution, it's not normal flat Florida terrain. Quad burn!! http://www.wecefar.com
  10. Greg, nice brownstone Janice, my grand has the same smiling pup Linda, how's the stained glass? bet Garfield would look smart with some Gayle, I've reserved a spot at Chantilly Manor for iced tea Gina, being a flutist, I'm sort of partial to music rooms, yours is wonderful Traci, bet Noah wished he had such a nice ark Lynette, You should shrink those lovely photos and hang them in one of your houses
  11. Amen to that Holly. I can run an ultra marathon but get worn out walking flat Florida trails. If Garfield allows, I'll try a couple miles today. Garfield's so demanding...hahaha
  12. Hey Judi. I retired from USAF 11 years ago after 23 years. The avatar is the Air Force Marathon medal. I try to run the 26.2 mile race each year. Thanks for asking and thank you for your son's service.
  13. Hello from sunny Tampa Florida! B) Tori here and can't get enough of this wonderful forum and hobby. The Garfield is my current form of torture. Yes, I found http://moreminis.blogspot.com/ Gina is building a Garfield and I'm following her progress and perfectly set out steps. OOOps #1, R&P'ed the second set of stairs, glued them well, and clamped them. When I came home from work they looked like a crazed abstract art piece. Too funny to get mad. Anyway, as soon as I figure out who put the bop in the bop she bop she bop, pictures will be posted. See ya soon.