Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    john
  • Country
    United States/Canada
  1. How's the roof? Town I worked in some years ago got hit by huge hail and almost every house in town had to have a new roof.
  2. p-rat

Windows

Have you checked with your utility to see if they have a loan program or offer rebates for upgrading windows. You can go to http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?fuseac....rebate_locator to see if you can get a rebate in your area and your utility should have information on loan programs, if available, on their website. Even if your utility doesn't offer any financial assistance, I would contact them to see if they do FREE energy audits and get them involved.
  3. Did the same thing with the Apple Blossom. RGT doesn't emphasize the importance of putting in the floors a certain way, guess they think it's a learning experience that will be remembered in future projects. I was able to cut another hole, with only hand tools. Ended up with a free standing stair and had to add a wall upstairs. It was a problem, but nothing that couldn't be overcome. If I had used power tools could have put the hole in a different location and not have needed to do some of what I did. If I remember correctly, I toe nailed and glued the cut out piece in the original opening.
  4. Interesting, got my conversation for grandchildren today now. As an old boss, who incidentally was very different from me, always said "If it has already been done, just copy it. No need to reinvent the wheel".
  5. My calculations, based on the picture, show it to be about 1/3 the size of normal diamond plate if that helps any.
  6. p-rat

Lights

Was thinking about lighted houses and began wondering when lighting is used and how often. Since the lighting is not really needed for reading or other household activities, do you use lights during the day? Also what length of time do you normally use lights?
  7. Red err Steve in PA got it right. Look at model railroad or car sites, even on ebay, and you should find some decals or vinyl sheets of diamond plate.
  8. I had been wondering what company OOAK was. Thought it was a high quality manufacturer like Bespaq, because of the prices you see for OOAK. Another acronym I hear a lot and not quite sure of. I'm often called a stupid SOB, think is means strong old body but I could be wrong.
  9. You been talking to my wife? Price looks right, but do you have perfumed water, Wildroot and most importantly does ear trimming cost extra? Shop looks great and you got some really neat items in it. When you get the barber pole, interested in knowing how it works. Looks like it has a sequence of three lights. You ordered two didn't you, one for the shop and one for dissection.
  10. Never have done any resin, but have looked at a lot of youtube tutorials on making/using resin molds. AC Moore, Michaels and Hobby Lobby have materials for resin casting, so I would guess most craft stores of the like would have resin stuff. There is a product called Amazing Mold Maker that I've ordered, should be getting it today, that looked to be the easiest way make a mold. Not supposed to be any mixing like other molds. Thinking it's ready to go when I get it. There was a discussion here recently, I think, about resin cast products and it was said there are two types of resin castings - polyurethane and poly(????). Polyurethane is strong and the other is brittle. That's about all I don't know.
  11. I dropped landline when I was able to get something other than dial-up ISP. Cost of dial-up service and phone line was about $5 less monthly than DSL; which I got from a cell phone company. Went over the cell phone bill closely, which everyone should do especially if you have the same provider I have, and found enough crap (some kind of emergency service, phone insurance, downloaded items on a phone not authorized to download anything) they had put on the bill that ended up paying less for cell phone with DSL than had been paying for landline, dial-up and cell phone combined. Latest example of why you need to really check your cell phone bill was they were charging me $0.99 a month for ring tones on the DSL. Over the years I have probably found around $500 that shouldn't have been charged by the cell phone company and I don't think it is done mistakenly. Well, that's my cell phone gripe, but I see no need for landline. Think I'll head outside myself - pollen is terrible and car needs a wash.
  12. p-rat

Ideas any one/

If it is an old west mining town, is there a mine claim office in the town?
  13. They ship internationally only if you call them. Everybody takes paypal now if they take credit cards; though they may not realize it. Paypal has added a plug in that lets you generate a one time credit card for sellers who won't take paypal. Works pretty well, I've used it with crafts, etc twice and was able to get a partial refund back into my paypal account from another seller.
  14. Have you baked your food yet? Wondering how they turned out.
  15. Plastic saves you as much as storm windows. Cable box, at least mine, cost about $1.00 a month.