• Last visited

2 Neutral

About Ndoniyamanzi

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Sarah
  • Country
    South Africa
  1. Thank you everyone, you have all been wonderfully welcoming and encouraging. I will definitely post my progress.
  2. Hi everyone I would like to introduce myself, my name is Sarah, I live in Empangeni, South Africa, where I work as a doctor. I am a complete newbie to the world of miniatures, apart from ice cream stick cabins I built as an eight year old fashioned after the Little House on the Prairie. I have always loved dollhouses (I had a beautiful shop-bought dollhouse as a little girl inherited from older cousins), and it was my absolute favorite plaything and made my imagination run wild. I also have a deeply entrenched love of Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House books. I would therefore like to make my first project a log-cabin dollhouse, furnished after the log cabin built in the second book in the series (Little house on the prairie) I have been checking out Dura-Craft houses available on eBay. What is the difference between the Oregon trail log cabin and the Pioneer cabin by Dura-Craft? They look the same to me in the pictures posted on line. I would also like to ask, has anyone built one of these two houses before? Are they worth it, or is there a better model kit for a pioneer cabin? Also, what tools, glues and other supplies will I need to purchase for this project? ( I won't be using wallpaper as I want to maintain the rustic pioneer feel) Thanks everyone, and nice to meet you.