• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    donna
  • Country
    United States
  1. mscaz1123

The Poor porch

My plan is to use it over the bed in my guest room, I also have several small knick knack shelves in the shape of houses, in which to store additional minis (just pieces). So now it is just being able to find the time to actually work on it, Thanks again
  2. mscaz1123

My Poor Mckinley

My Poor Mckinley that needs oh so much TLC!
  3. Would love to make a day trip, will have to see if they are open on Sunday, LOL Will look into the one in Charlotte too, Thanks a bunch. Any other stores that carry minis? I have had luck with some flea markets too, picking up some pieces there. I just not to keen on buying stuff online, if you know what I mean. Thanks again for the warm and friendly welcomes. And thanks for all the ideas and tips.
  4. Well I am taking everything in. I have been afraid to do anything quite yet till I have some time off and some patience to tackle the task. I will take it all in and hopefully begin sometime this weekend. Thanks again, will let you know how it goes when I actully do it.
  5. Thank you all for the very warm welcome. First thanks for the tips about getting my porch back in place, I will be working on it soon. As for the tip about Hobby Lobby, I know where it is, just never open on Sundays which lately is my only day off. I am looking for a more speciality shop. Anyways, looking forward to all this community has to offer. Thanks again, Donna
  6. I just recently purchase a used / already built Mckinley, with a desperate need of major TLC. The front porch area is coming away from the house and that draw is painted shut. Is there any way to put them back together correctly? Or will I have to just deal with it and patch it up as best I can? And last but not least any way to pry that draw open? Ok was last question, what would be the bast thing to remove several layers of paint, without damaging the wood structure? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Donna
  7. My Hello as required! :pope: I am originally from Massachusetts, now living in North Carolina (near or not far from Ft. Bragg). I have already built the Vermont with one addition to it, and already redoing it, LOL just like a woman. I have a hand made doll house given to me that I am still in the process of refurbishing, for my grand daughter to play with. For my third project I purchased a used Mckinley. Got tons of ideas, but low on cash, so I buy pieces and furniture one at a time with half off coupons at AC Moore. Another thing with this house it is in desperate need of some TLC, draws are painted shut, front porch is falling off or at least coming away. Does anyone know if I can take that section apart and reconnect? Also does anyone know of other places I could purchase pieces or supplies in this area? Well that is all for now, look forward to becoming a more active member. Thanks Donna
  8. Bravo, Bravo! Loved the details. Did you make or buy the panel like walls? I recently purchased a used/put together Mckinley and would love to create that look in mine. Also what is the outside made with? A plaster of some sort? Bravo again, and thanks for the incentive to refurbish mine. :thumb: