• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Kathleen
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

999 profile views
  1. I've never entered a contest before . . .my first try. After tossing around a couple of ideas, I was showing it to my sister (who is absolutely the least craft-minded person you could every meet) and she asked me why didn't I make it a __________________. It was an awesome idea, so hope I can pull it off. I've cleaned up my hobby room and set up the SF. The other houses I'm working on got moved to the closet. I have dry-fit it and am ready to get started; there's just this little thing like an 8-5 job that keeps me away.
  2. Soooooo sweet, what a great idea to incorporate family heirlooms into the house. I'm sure the fairies will love it! Kathleen
  3. kathyk18

I quit!

Congratulations to everyone who has quit and who is trying. I smoked for 40 years and finally just said, I quit, and I did. I had a lot of support from friends and family. Besides things tasting and smelling better, you won't believe how much more time you have to, oh, say . . .work on miniatures!! Keep up the good work and we'll all be here to support you! Kathleen
  4. I was stumped for a while too, but then it just clicked together. I'm working on this house, it's going to be "Cleo's" for my mom and it's a "lady's shop" with perfume, hats, jewelry, etc. Been making loads of perfume bottles; need to start on some of the other stuff. Sorry, I'm not much help, but it does work, you just have to twist it just right. Good luck on your build Kathleen
  5. :lol: to the forum. You gonna LOVE this place! Lots of talent and expertise and everyone shares. Kathleen
  6. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find this a great place! Kathleen
  7. This might give you some ideas: My daughter revamped my extra bedroom (10 x 11) so pretty small, but she filled the closet with the coated wire closet shelves that she got at HD, so I have about 5-6 shelves in the closet. I have a built-in counter that would be like a table with the short end pushed up against the wall to use as a sewing counter and/or dollhouse counter. On the wall opposite the closet she installed floor to ceiling bookshelves that stick out from the wall about 14". The last wall holds a small "lean-to" desk that actually has two small shelves on the top and a small desktop to hold my computer, etc. My dollhouses are on rolling carts and currently I have three of them in the room. This wouldn't work for someone with lots of dollhouses, but I love having them on the rolling carts and then if I'm working on one or the other, I can set it on my counter. (I don't have any really large ones.) It's pretty small, but it's very organized (except when I'm working on stuff). Hope this helps. Kathy
  8. Welcome to another Kathleen. You'll really enjoy it here.
  9. Simply unbelievable!! It's fantastic. Kathy
  10. Love the arched windows! Fantastic job! You are so talented. Kathleen
  11. I think your house is gorgeous also. I absolutely LOVE the colors and the landscaping just sets the house off perfectly. I wish I were so talented!! I just bought a Fairfield, but it's still in the box. After seeing yours, I can here mine calling. Can't wait to get started...after I finish up something so I have some work room! Kathleen
  12. I have a dedicated workroom, although sometimes things find their way to other rooms in the house. But anyway, in this room there's a built-in what looks like a long kitchen island. I also have a chair on rollers so I can roll around three sides to work on the house. I have two small rolling kitchen carts that I can set houses on and then they stay there after they are finished. My daughter came over last spring and helped me paint and put the cabinet and storage units in it and I love working in there now. Kathleen
  13. Welcome to a fellow Kansan...this is a great place to be. :o Kathleen
  14. This looks fantastic. You've done a great job. Kathleen
  15. Thanks for all the comments. It certainly gives a person a boost of confidence to hear others make good comments about the work you're doing. I really appreciate this. :lol: Kathleen