• Last visited

2 Neutral

About shershe

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/shershe/

Profile Information

• Interests
    dolls, dollhouses, miniatures, photography, horror movies, crosswords, puzzles

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Sherri
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

764 profile views
  1. Thanks for all the recent comments! fov ~ As far as how many hours it took me to complete, I have no idea. I didn't keep track, but wish I would have. That would have been good to know. I actually still have odds and ends to complete, such as door knobs, some work on the porch and other exterior things, like flower boxes. It is really heavy and takes up a lot of room, but I love it. I did use a Houseworks door in the kitchen / entry and I had to cut the extra trim to fit and use some shims, but then again I had to do that for the RGT exterior door that came with the kit.
  2. shershe

2.jpg

Thank you!
  3. shershe

Moving In!

Thank you! The dolls are called pukipuki dolls and are made by a Korean doll company, Fairyland. I bought them directly from Fairyland - http://dollfairyland.com/index.php . You can also buy them from an American online doll shop, Denver Doll Emporium - http://www.denverdoll.com/fairyland.php
  4. shershe

Contemporary Ranch

Photos showing my progress in building my first dollhouse kit, a Real Good Toys Contemporary Ranch.
  5. If you're crazy, then so am I and it's all good. I bought and built my dollhouse FOR my dolls. They all have personalities and names.
  6. I just put on my first row of shingles using the Aleene's Fast Grab and by the time I had six on, the first three were curling really bad. I guess I'm going to have to go back to using the E6000 or wait until I can get a hot glue gun. I put some heavy books on this first row. I think they will dry flat and be fine, but I don't want to have to do that row by row.
  7. I just applied my first shingles last night. I did the small porch roof first, and it was still quite a job. I used E6000 glue because it was the only non water based glue I had. Although it worked, I'm going to use quick grab glue for the other roof pieces. The E6000 takes awhile to dry and I didn't like trying to put the next row of shingles on when the first row was still so easy to move out of place. Also, I stained the shingles after I glued them on and some did start warping. I just put heavy books on them overnight and by morning they were all nice and flat. I have photos in my gallery.
  8. shershe

Moving In!

Thanks! I am struggling with the roof at the moment. I decided I wanted to make it removable for photos. The dolls are called PukiPuki. A company called Fairyland makes them. They are ball joint dolls, cast of resin and are really poseable. I actually bought and built the house for these dolls...along with another small doll I have. An American doll shop, Denver Doll Emporium, also carry these dolls.
  9. shershe

wood flooring

I bought sheets of wood dollhouse flooring called Southern Pine Flooring from a seller on ebay. Then I stained it with an oak stain.
  10. shershe

cabinets are up!

Thank you for all the comments!
  11. I have some Elmer's Tack Tabs and Scotch Adhesive Putty that I will try for the cabinets. I think those are similar to the Blu-Tak.
  12. shershe

exterior trim

I'm going to take a small piece of the trim to Hobby Lobby and see if they have anything to match. I'm hoping to get there this weekend.
  13. Yes, that's the one I've seen...in a red container. I'm getting some.
  14. Thanks for the speedy replies! I'm so anxious to get things done...eee! haha
  15. My first dollhouse is coming along. If you want to see photos, you can check my gallery. I am only wallpapering one room, the kitchen. I want to get it done before I attach the roof. But, I need some help. I'm using scrapbook paper as wallpaper. It is cardstock thickness. I have 2 upper kitchen cabinets and a stove vent that I need to attach to the wall, which means attaching it to the scrapbook paper/wallpaper. What should I use to accomplish this? I have seen a product sold called dollhouse wax. Would that be what I would need? Thanks for your help!