Riesz

Gold Member
  • Last visited

13 Good

About Riesz

Profile Information

• Interests
    Video games, coding, music, dolls, miniatures, cooking, gardening, fantasy novels, fairies and elves

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Melissa
  • Country
    Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

915 profile views
  1. I left a message about the curtains but I think it was at the bottom of the previous page and got bumped off! The curtain fabric was in included with the kit. It was a long piece of sheer material with the pretty embroidered edge. I cut the cloth into 4 equal pieces, doubled each piece over, and tied a ribbon in the centre then glued the curtains in. The material is very nice but I'm not sure if something similar could be found in US or Canada. Next time I'm at a craft or fabric store I'll try to find a similar example and take a picture of just the cloth.
  2. Hmm yeah I think it might have the potential to look tacky so I think I'll just leave it after all
  3. Also I just wanted to get some opinions on this idea... I bought a small bottle of white pearly acrylic paint for another craft project. I decided to use a bit to accentuate the cardboard picture frames included with this kit and really think the subtle pearly sheen is pretty. Does anyone think it might look good to water down the paint a bit and paint the trim on the front panel in the pearl sheen? Or would it look tacky? I'm on the fence about it!
  4. Thank you! The lace curtains and ribbon did come with the kit. It was a wide piece of sheer material with the pretty scalloped embroidered edge. I cut the cloth into 4 equal pieces, doubled it over, and tied the ribbon in the centre then glued each panel to the windows. I really love the material they included for the curtains and hope maybe it could be found in a craft or fabric store It turned out so cute for the curtains!
  5. I've also noticed quite a bit of holiday miniature items at my local dollar store. In the Christmas village sets I've found tiny wreaths, stockings, sleighs, and other toys. I also noticed some miniature ornaments which could be used for very cute dollhouse accessories. In the Christmas village set were also tiny bushes with LED lights attached. I bought a package of these and carefully detached the plastic bushes from the lights and now have a very affordable nice string of 5 LED lights attached to a battery pack! My dollar store had several colours of lights available so I might go back to pick more up. These could be used to conveniently light anything!
  6. Oh just wanted to add that most of the miniatures I have displayed didn't come with the kit. The kit does include paper cutouts to make tiny paper cups, saucers, cakes, etc but since I have real miniatures of those I didn't use those kit supplies. I already had a collection of miniature fimo clay cakes, a few tiny tea sets, porcelain vases, and various other plastic/resin cakes and food
  7. Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted much this past week. The days just flew by in such a hectic way! I didn't have much time to work on my kit though I was able to finish a few small details throughout the week. So far today I've spent the entire day finishing this up. I finished the remaining railing for the roof, glued the wallpaper and flooring, and glued walls together. The roof is a pre-cut clear acyrlic piece so I also attached that and glued all of the railings on the edges. I wired the lights (I was so terrified for this step) and finished gluing the pieces of the chandelier together. Finished the doorway, which sits a bit inward from the front of the building. Cut out and glued various tiny bakery boxes, shelves, and other small details although I still have more to finish. Painted the picture frames in a pearly acrylic paint and attached the pictures then glued them to the walls. I screwed in the music box, which sits inside the back of the large shelf! I also attached the hinges to the front panel of the building. The front swings open to expose the inside of the bakery. Here's my nearly completed kit! The bare rooftop patio will soon have cute tables and chairs, plus a lighted lamp post! Closer shot of the front with the lights turned on Looks yummy inside here! I opened the front panel to reveal the inside! I've just begun decorating and will likely change a lot of the accessories around. I used white poster tack to stick most of the miniatures down since I'm still working on various parts and shifting around the building. The doors on the furniture are still not permanently attached so they do look a bit wobbly still here. I can't wait to really get every detail in place! What I still have left to do: Make chairs and tables out of white wire for the rooftop Assemble and wire the lamppost for the roof Assemble a few small details, such as potted plants, signs, more bakery boxes, and other tiny details Overall I'm so happy with how this turned out. It's not completely perfect but I still love it anyway. The music box is a nice touch and I'm just thrilled that the lights actually work! Once I finish the remaining bits I'll probably take a short break then begin on the other kit
  8. Riesz

Griffon

How adorable! I love it!
  9. I took a picture of the furniture this afternoon and the chandelier pieces just moments ago but wasn't able to edit my post so I'll add them here: Mostly finished furniture. Some of the pieces were still drying when I took this picture so the shelf on the slanted case fell a bit! I still haven't glued any of the doors either, so they look a bit wobbly. The kit includes paper bakery store labels to be glued on the flat wooden pieces of the cases. Still unsure if I'll use the labels or not... Here are the candlesticks for the chandelier! Each piece is a cut piece of gold wire with a clear plastic flower, tube bead for the candlestick, and seed bead on top for the flame. I used a hot glue gun to exaggerate the candlesticks a bit with a melted wax look and also accentuated the flames with hot glue too. I like it much more than the standard way! Each arm also has a separate piece of wire threaded with beads for the dangling bits. Once the chandelier is completed each arm will go into a large clear flower with the LED lights threaded through the bottom. Can't wait to see how this turns out!
  10. They're all made out of wood! The kit included a piece of white cardboard for the back of the hutch but the rest is all just tiny bits of wood glued together. A few pieces had slight defects or needed a bit of sanding but overall I've been pleased with the quality of the wood and the kit in general! I finished all of the furniture today, made and glued the curtains to the windows, and just finished gluing all the flowerboxes. I also started work on the ornate little chandelier, which is made of gold wire and various beads. I'll try to get my fiance to help with wiring the lights, since I really have no idea how to do it! Tomorrow I hope to have time to run to the nearby print shop and get a few copies made of the paper sheets, which include the wallpaper, flooring, bakery boxes, pictures for the wall, and other little misc. details. Tomorrow I'll definitely finish working on the doorway, including screwing on the door hinges. I want to finish the spindles and railing all around the rooftop patio as well, but that shouldn't take very long. After that I only need to finish minor details, like gluing on the wallpaper and flooring, assembling tiny boxes and other accessories, then attaching the walls and roof and floor together! I'll post more pictures after I finish tomorrow's projects.
  11. Thanks so much everyone for the kind words and encouragement. It means so much to me! I was thrilled to wake up this morning to a dozen nicely glued pieces waiting for assembly! Last night I cut the clear plastic panels to fit with all the frames and glued it so hopefully today I can finish assembling most of the bakery cases. Took some pictures too! Here's the furniture I have finished so far. I haven't glued the doors on yet though so I can still decorate the shelves. I might never glue the doors, just maybe attach them with white putty or some other temporary adhesive, so I'm able to change around the shelf decorations whenever I'd like. The drawer handles turned out cuter than I expected. This kit included a bag of beads and small spool of wire so I cut pieces of the wire, bent them with tweezers, then used beads on the ends to make the handles. Here's my workstation as of this morning. I glued all the panels to clear plastic "windows" last night so today I can begin assembling the cute cases! For this kit, I try to label almost every piece using a very light hand and a pencil, just so I'm able to keep track of everything. There are so many tiny bits of wood in various sizes it can be confusing at times! Here's an example of the Chinese instructions. I'll be starting work on these cases today since I have all the window panels assembled. Very exciting! Here's a stock photo of the furniture. Can't wait til I have more of these little details assembled.
  12. Was it either Paint Shop Pro 7 or 9? I still have both of those if you need one
  13. Riesz

Left Side View

Wow! This is lovely!