Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Ashley
  • Country
    United States
  1. ADBough

Day 1 Sanding!!

I'm super excited! This is my first really "crafty" project, so I hope it goes well!! I can't get over how cool this house is... I've never seen a dollhouse like this before
  2. ADBough

Garfield progress

My first dollhouse... Here we go! ;)
  3. I just finished my foundation! I'm surprised how sturdy it is actually. Working on staircase now... Cool seeing it come together!! Fov- I live in Brentwood (about an hour east of San Francisco). I'll have to check that out one of these days!
  4. Thanks guys!! I am still waiting for my house to come in the mail, but I've been stocking up on supplies! I found small jars of latex paint at my local Kmart, great bargain! And I'm super excited because my wiring came in today. After a lot of research, I decided to go with round wire that I ordered from eBay... And the seller sent a free lamp with it!!! My very first mini
  5. Thanks for the help everyone!! I will definitely do the dry fitting and love the idea of penciling in the area for painting Holly, I will try that. I'm still waiting for it to arrive, but I got my wiring and one lamp today, so fun!
  6. Hi everyone! I'm new to minis, just ordered my first dollhouse. I got the Garfield, so excited!! I'll be asking you guys tons of questions... One thing I am really pondering is whether and how to do siding. I really don't want to buy premade stuff, I am planning to make shingles out of sandpaper. I am clueless about siding though. Has anyone made siding out of something other than the prefabricated stuff? Also I want to know about paint!!! I am so lost on the paint issue. Firstly, should I paint everything before I assemble? (I already asked that in another forum) And what kind of paint do you guys recommend? I've been doing a little internet searching and it seems like the best think might be regular latex semi-gloss, but is it possible to buy small containers of that? I see some people using acrylic, but then others say absolutely no acrylic because it will warp the wood. I want this house to last FOREVER!!! I have heard of people getting a dollhouse as a kid and giving it to their own kids when they got older, that's what I'm hoping my daughter will be able to do. (And she is only 9 months, so we are talking a long time) And I want to install lighting, but that seems daunting too... I am ordering a Cir-Kit large wiring kit. Any special tips with that? Thanks for any and all help!!!! Any other beginner tips are highly appreciated I'll be scrolling around the threads. Ashley
  7. I just got my first dollhouse, the Garfield! I know it's a lot for beginners but my daughter is not even a year old yet so I'm planning on taking my time (like, several years!) I'm wondering should I paint the pieces before or after I glue? It seems like it will be really difficult to paint after, but I've also read that it might not fit together properly if I paint first (because the paint would build up) Thanks!!! And any other tips would be highly appreciated I haven't actually gotten the house yet (it's in the mail) but I'll post pics of my progress once I start. So excited!!!