HalloweenGhost

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

HalloweenGhost last won the day on July 4 2023

HalloweenGhost had the most liked content!

34 Excellent

About HalloweenGhost

Profile Information

• Interests
    Halloween, the holidays, sewing, crafting, collecting things, dolls, reading - Cozy mysteries and historical non fiction, studying Latin, cooking

Retained

• Member Title
    Resident Halloween Ghoul

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Fern
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

584 profile views
  1. I forgot to mention it was a furniture kit, lol! Duh! I found out what the kit is - looking at the instructions from one of the other kits I got, the mystery kit appears to be the Island. Thank you for your response!
  2. Is anyone on here familiar with these furniture kits? I got a few of these at the Flea Market today and one of the Kits is unlabeled as to what it actually is. All I have is the number - #313 K The Gourmet Collection. I've spent a frustrating amount of time trying to google its identity, but to no avail. The package of the actual kit pieces are unopened - there are 2 with the main pieces and one smaller one with 2 plastic panes and some decorative pieces - it looks like 4 wooden nobs, etc. I can take pics of the package in case it helps. There are also no instructions. I went ahead and bought it - $5, why not? - but if I can't figure out what this is, it'll just be left unassembled. Thanks everyone!
  3. So far July has been storm after storm. Though the storms started the last part of June. It's pretty warm here - upper 80's and we hit 90 a couple of days. The humidity has really been a factor the last few days, which always makes it feel hotter than it actually is. The storms have been delightful - rolling thunder, rain and no loss of electricity! I love that weather, though one of my cats is scared of the thunder. He's had so much of it this last week or so, he's seeming to get used to it. I'm hoping to do a bit of grilling for the 4th - if the weather behaves, that is!
  4. That looks amazing!!!!! ❤️❤️
  5. Wow! That's a lot of work, but will look so good when you are done.
  6. HalloweenGhost

wwii 3.jpg

Is that the Looks Ken with his facial hair removed? If so, I have him too. I plan to remove his facial hair as well. He makes a perfect WW2 soldier!
  7. What tiny little dolls! I can't wait to see what clothes you make for them. Have you named them yet?
  8. Thank you! Nice to meet you too! Thank you! I look forward to seeing yours's as well! We do have too much fun working on these projects together, don't we? Thank you! I've got to remember how to set up an album, lol. I look forward to seeing your creations too!
  9. Thank you! I've got to remember how to even put together an album, lol. I look forward to seeing your creations too!
  10. Thank you! You are one of the members on here I remember, so I am happy to see you are still here!
  11. I joined this site in 2013 after getting passionately into dollhouses. My plan was to build my very own Halloweentown in miniature! I had bought some kits and was building a couple of them. I had almost completed my first Buttercup which was my Halloween bakery. I had sculpted 2 characters - a pumpkhead named Bartevious and a witch named Mathilda. I was writing stories about them, had more characters planned out to sculpt and build houses for. Unfortunately, life took turns I hadn't expected and I didn't end up keeping anything that I had made or gathered. Years went by, and suddenly, and quite unexpectedly, I was given a piece of dollhouse furniture - a mostly (and very poorly) assembled House of Miniatures Chippendale High Boy (the legs were broken on the poor thing.) And shortly afterward, I was given an unassembled Orchid. This reignited my love and excitement for Dollhouses! I had never forgotten my beloved characters and the thought of bringing them back was enthralling. And now, a few months after the above mentioned reignition of my passion, I thrifted 2 built dollhouses (RealGoodToys Peaches and Cream and Duracraft Brookfield. Now that Brookfield is a piece of work!) The Orchid is partially assembled - I'm in the process of putting the siding on it. I bought 2 Buttercups several months ago, and just haven't gotten around to putting them together yet. I just received a Primrose and an Adams today and my Aster Cottage in en route!!! That's gotta be it for my collection of dollhouses, lol. I'm in pretty tight quarters, but by hook or by crook, they will all fit somehow!
  12. Those look awesome. I was researching the history of brownies the other night, and I had to make some to eat myself. I guess you can't look at food - even fake food - for too long without wanting some!
  13. Beautiful job! If you hadn't said that it was your first attempt at making a mattress I wouldn't have guessed it! The floor is gorgeous. And I really, really like the wallpaper! I actually have some fabric that is almost exactly like it. I think you should be very proud of your work.
  14. Thank you everyone for all your suggestions. Each one was extremely helpful. I got a whole lot out of all the links posted as well! I am going to have to experiment with some silk gauze when I get more adept at this. I should get this rug finished either today or tomorrow. I might wait to get moved in before I cut it out, so I'll probably just come up with some more designs to work on until that hopefully not too far off date!