Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Julie
  • Country
    Australia

Recent Profile Visitors

328 profile views
  1. Hi Lois, wow those kits are going to keep you busy for a while! :-) I can't help you with the instructions unfortunately but the Granville certainly is a gorgeous kit, I look forward to seeing what you do with it.
  2. Thanks everyone :-) I quite like half scale too Deborah, 1:12 seems enormous to me after working in 1:24! I wish I were more artistic, my imagination out runs my abilities when it comes to making my own accessories, but I am inspired by everyone in this forum so who knows? Kathi I was browsing through your fabulous Japanese Inn last night, what a wonderful project. So different and beautiful. Jo, thanks. Yes, I started in half scale precisely because I didn't have the room for a full scale project - they seem enormous to me now, lol. Shannon, oh don't tempt me! I have a birthday later in the year though, and I'm saving my pennies, lol. Karin, thank you!
  3. Hi everyone, what a fabulous resource this forum is! My hat is off to the wonderful people who generously run and maintain this site, it is truly a gold mine of information. I am an avid crafter and until recently my main hobby was knitting and crochet, but since discovering the world of miniatures, i have found something to entertain myself during the summer months! I am in the middle of building a half-scale Greenleaf Fairfield, and because I have a short attention span wanted to do something in 1:12 scale, my kids are gifting me the Orchid kit for Mother's Day (which is this Sunday here in Aus). Exciting! I have been the Fairfield for over a year because I only do it when the weather is not suitable for working with yarn and I'm finding working with the smaller scale a little challenging as my first build as everything is a little fiddly! Plus there aren't nearly as many awesome accessories to buy in 1:24 scale (a good thing for my wallet though, lol). Looking forward to learning more here! Cheers, Julie
  4. Hello Lorraine, Another of your Aussie customers here! Sadly I am an online customer only, but one day I will head south and visit your wonderful looking shop in person :-) Shannon, I also recently discovered your Etsy shop and have been drooling over your fabulous kits. If I wasn't already in the midst of two builds with another yet to be started, I would treat myself to your gorgeous French house kit for Mother's Day! It's definitely on my "One Day" list :-) Cheers, Julie