• Real Name
    Andrea
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

476 profile views
  1. macduff

GC 056

The floors look fantastic! I can't wait to see more!
  2. Emily, I just took a look at your Orchid breakfast bar, and I really like that idea, either on the open end or even by the bay window, since there's not really room for a table or anything. I think I need to mock up a floor plan w/ dimensions so that I can play around w/ the cabinets. I like your 'wonky idea' #2: move the pantry to the window wall, put the sink by the open wall, and then maybe put a breakfast bar behind it. It really opens up the kitchen.... Thanks everyone for the input, and I will post more when I've decided what to do!
  3. Holly, I really like that idea too! If I can install the upper cabinets high enough so that they don't show through, then the windowbox idea would definitely work!
  4. here are some pictures...you can see the kitchen is very small - as it is, I have to shorten the sink cabinet so that it doesn't stick out quite as far. In the third picture, you can see the cabinets from the outside. Hope the pix aren't too small. I have a new computer, and haven't figured out how to make the images small enough to attach. Andrea
  5. Debora - I really like the mirrored paper idea - I think that may be a contender! Emily - I took some pictures w/ the counter top laid out as well as the window from the outside, I just have to figure out how to upload them. Stay tuned!
  6. Hi All, So I wished for a half scale Chantilly for Christmas, and am currently mid-build. I bought the half scale Lydia Pickett kitchen kit from insomesmallway.co.uk, but I don't know what to do about the window in the Chantilly. Basically, the window in the kitchen is too big for the upper and lower cabinets to fit around, and I'm hoping you can help me with some good ideas about what to do. This is my first half scale project, so I don't want to be too ambitious. Also, I already trimmed out the exterior of the window, so I don't feel too much like undoing what I already did. I'm thinking of just covering the window from the inside w/ the wallpaper and pretending it's not there, and then just painting fake curtains that you would see from the outside looking in on the back of the wallpaper. But I'm open to suggestions, and hoping you all have some clever and interesting ideas? Thanks!!!!! Andrea
  7. macduff

Kitchen.jpg

Your farmhouse turned out great! I especially love the bright and cheery kitchen! I also love the stocked pantry!
  8. macduff

Bathroom.jpg

Cute bathroom! I love the yellow!
  9. macduff

Dining 2.jpg

I love the French doors!
  10. macduff

Whole house

I love the way your farmhouse turned out! It is beautiful! I really like your pantry in the kitchen - so clever.
  11. I had heard bad things about hot glue as well. I think it has been quite a few years since the house was originally put together, so I was worried about the hot glue not holding. I haven't really inspected it closely to see how well it's put together. I'm trying to clear some space in my workroom, and in the meantime the house is sitting in the corner of the garage.
  12. I just picked up a partially completed Artply Barrington on CL. The house was put together using hot glue, and I'm wondering if I should take it apart and re-glue it with wood glue. What do you think? I was thinking maybe I could use a hair dryer to melt the glue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Andrea
  13. Hi Judith, I've been away from this website for a while, so I just saw your post. I recently finished the farmhouse 505, and I used tape wire. I didn't put outlets on the ground floor except in the kitchen where I ran the tape up the wall, but I ran the tape along the ceiling of the upper floor, and then was able to branch out wherever I wanted to go from there. Also, if you want specific pix of any angles of the house, let me know and I'll gladly take some more shots and post in my album. The house can be tough going sometimes, but it's really worth it! Don't get discouraged! Andrea
  14. macduff

Dryfitting

The house is really coming along nicely! I really like the furniture placement in the kitchen. Can't wait to see more!
  15. Holly, I'm with you now...I was thinking of seams if you add 2 windows somewhere else. Then you have enough siding in total, but they may not be all the right length, so you'd have to join them together. But if Judith doesn't want any additional windows, then as you said she would have to create additional siding strips. Either way, even if they're not a perfect match, they could be easily hidden behind the porch roof. Judith, The gable walls you wrote about are made out of the punchout plywood. They are the parts that get covered with the fishscale shingles in the illustration. All the other outside walls are made solely out of the milled clapboard strips. Good luck with whatever road you choose to take! And be sure to post pictures!