Inspector Mouse, just checking

Contact Methods

• AIM cj.heckart@gmail.com
  • Website URL http://www.HeckartJunction.com
  • ICQ 0

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Allyn, Washington
  • Interests Reading, writing, and all things miniature.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name C J
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

5718 profile views
  1. Black Friday Sale

CheckMouse Miniatures is having their FIRST Black Friday Sale. Good through November 30th, 2018  Coupon Code BF2018.   CheckMouse Minis
  2. Lawbre Glen Cove

Thanks, Kathie - I didn't realize that was all in there!  Since the last upgrade I haven't figured out all the changes yet.  I see that we have lost a lot of emoticons also.    They were so much fun! 
  3. Lawbre Glen Cove

Yes, they are! And this bunch is right at the top!  I found this site before I found Facebook, and it's still "home".  And you can always ask a question and get a good answer. 
  4. Lawbre Glen Cove

If you use the "quote" feature at the bottom of every post, you can reply to that specific comment, even if it's back aways, or even on a previous page.  Not quite the same as FB, but you get used to it.  I just used that to answer you here - it will repeat what the person said, then you can add your comment below. And if they had a long post, you can (carefully!) delete part of it to respond the part you wanted to comment on.  And you can click on the "like" button, over on the right side of a post. That used to say who had liked it, but it doesn't give the names anymore.  BTW - welcome to the Greenleaf Family  
  5. What are you up to today? This week?

Christine, I'm so glad you got it!  I just couldn't get enthused about it - it didn't speak to me.  Happy to know it has found a loving home. You have done a beautiful job of finishing it.  
  6. What are you up to today? This week?

Here's a link to my gallery, with three pictures of  the Beacon Hill I had. I got it from a lady in Seattle, who advertised it as a Garfield. When I got there, I saw it was not a Garfield, but I took it anyway. Later sold it (traded) to Lynn. Hope this is the same one - it was looking for a good home! Edited to insert the link!  Beacon Hill
  7. What are you up to today? This week?

Christine, was that a partially finished Beacon Hill that you got from Lynn? Actually, mostly finished but still lacking a lot of work? I swapped her a Beacon Hill for a kit of another house I wanted. Just wondered if it was the same one. She wasn't sure if she wanted to finish the house our not. I did not. 
  8. What are you up to today? This week?

I guess this would qualify as a ghost story, as there is no explanation for it. When DH was in high school, he and a buddy went for a walk along a 2-lane road sometime after dark. It was hilly country and after a bit they heard footsteps coming up behind them, quite a ways back. They turned around, and could just make out someone in the darkness, but didn't know who it was. Figuring it was a younger brother, or a school friend, they decided to play a trick on him. They stepped off into the bushes beside the road on the uphill side - on the other side was a drop off, with no guardrail, into a deep ravine with lots of loose gravel. They listened and waited as his footsteps drew closer, trying not to laugh as they contemplated the results of their prank.  Just before they were about to jump out and scare the kid out of a year's growth, the figure stopped, just a few feet in front of them. It was not a kid - it was a man they had never seen, wearing dark clothes and a hat. He stood in the middle of the road and lit a cigarette, illuminating his face. The flare of the match momentarily impaired their vision, and when the flaring light was gone - so was the man! He was wearing shoes that had made enough noise for them to hear several yards away, and there was just enough dim moonlight for them to see him approaching, and then stop - but he was nowhere to be found! No sound of footsteps - he had obviously not come to their side of the road - he could not have silently gone over the edge of the ravine on the other side of the road - he was just gone. They looked everywhere he could possibly be - nothing!   When they could make their legs work again, the boys dashed home. Through the years we have all pondered what that could have been - never had an answer. 
  9. What are you up to today? This week?

Yes, I know Lynn. Glad you got to meet her - she's a very nice lady.
  10. What are you up to today? This week?

Thank you, Holly!  I've missed you all!  
  11. What are you up to today? This week?

Thanks, Nell. So far I'm only doing shows in the Northwest - but hoping to expand before too long. By moving to NE we'll have more family available to "babysit" my mother. :) 
  12. What are you up to today? This week?

Well, I haven't been on the forum very much - but had to check in and see what's going on!  I know I've been gone too long when I have to re-enter my login information!   I have been busier than a one-armed paper hanger for the last several months, after buying the Diminutive Details miniature business. Had a very successful Portland Miniature Show a few weeks ago and am still trying to get everything put away and sorted properly. Still learning the fine points of running my new laser cutter - which is very exciting! And since I don't have a van, or an SUV - just a little Buick - I am rethinking the display system. Must get things more consolidated, smaller packaging, easier setup, etc. Really looking forward to the next Seattle Miniature Show (March 2019) and I'm signing up for one in Boise Idaho (April 2019)!   My boss (with the trade / home shows) sent me a tentative schedule for the next six months and I had to respond that I will not be available for some of them.   AND - we just met with a realtor this afternoon!  We are going to attempt to move again, heading for Nebraska.  I know, it sounds crazy to leave beautiful Washington (ocean, rivers, lakes, forests, mountains, mild climate) for the Midwest (hot, humid, tornadoes, hot, flat, dry, hot - no complaints about the snow as that part I will love)  - but that's where the kids are!  As our grandchildren get bigger, it is getting harder to get all of us together anymore. It was easier when they were all little. But since my grandbabies are my MOST FAVORITE miniatures - we will move if we can.  We have a different realtor this time, and after meeting with her this afternoon we are very favorably impressed!   And, for my business, it will be more centrally located for some of the bigger Miniature Shows. My mother is still with us - 95 years old now. But her health is not improving (Stage 4 Kidney Disease) and she is rapidly regressing with dementia.  DH and I cannot leave the house together anymore - one has to stay with her. I think the move to NE will be good for her because more family will be nearby to help out. She has 2 sisters left (3 bothers gone) and while she still remembers her sisters, every once in awhile she asks me if they had any children, and if so, how many?   So sad to see her going downhill. She's always been my best friend, my confidante, my sounding board - and now I never even discussed with her the plans for my new business venture.      Well - supper's almost done - gotta run! 
  13. What are you up to today? This week?

I see that Kathie answered you, too.  Because I have the same houses and furniture in 2 scales, I have tried to keep them labeled. Please let me know if something is missing.  All the 1:144 houses are called "micro". I've been on the phone with my webmaster for about an hour this afternoon. I have around 200 more products to upload and am trying to figure out their "global upload" - as opposed to putting each one in individually!  Still working on that! Thanks for the hug, Holly. I keep thinking about you all - had to dash over to say hi. 
  14. What are you up to today? This week?

Thought I'd better stop in and say hello. Yes, I'm still alive.    Been incredibly busy lately.  For some time now I have been trying to move my hobby into a business.  DH and I don't really have much of a retirement, and need some extra income. I want to quit working on the show circuit. It's been a great job, but 18 years is enough! This month I bought out another woman's mini business and will be running it from my home. So I'm busier than a one-armed paper-hanger right now getting all set up. I have cleaned out what used to be Mother's half of our office to make room for a truckload of stuff!  Literally!  I drove to Montana in a rented van and came back with it stuffed to the gills! DH put up lots of new shelves - and has been hauling bags of stuff out to the recycle bin!  Unpacking - cleaning - arranging - rearranging - dumping - organizing.  And trying to get all the new products up on the website!  Exhausting and exhilarating!  My dear mother is still with us (95) and is requiring more help. Unfortunately her memory is really slipping and we can't leave her alone for more than an hour or so.  With DH and I working together, it's manageable, but for one alone (as he is when I'm working) it is a heavy load. I am hoping to have the mini-business functioning to the point that I can quit working outside the home by next Spring. 
  15. CJN Miniatures&More Fire

I'm sure she would appreciate that.  Especially if it's a donation, and not a consignment.