Inspector Mouse, just checking

Contact Methods

• AIM minijean@aol.com
  • Website URL http://www.HeckartJunction.com
  • ICQ 0

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Allyn, Washington
  • Interests Reading, writing, and all things miniature.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name C J
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

4313 profile views
  1. What's everyone working on?

Yes, the dining room set was a kit. It's laser-cut and very intricate Victorian styling. It's one of the Hart's Desire kits, and I don't know if she makes things in 1:12 scale. Most of it is in the smaller scales. 
  2. What are you up to today? This week?

I've been busy with the County Fair season again.  Tomorrow I start the one in Bremerton, which is the fourth one this month. Have a few days off and then the granddaddy of them all - the Washington State Fair in Puyallup - begins. I'll be working for two companies again this year, so will have very little time off. My knee is still giving me trouble, since my stumble (I did NOT fall!) in May. But I'm off the walker and can get along with a cane now. Much easier at work!  Looking at knee replacement surgery sometime in the near future. Have to work through the Fair season though - that's the best money-maker of the year, with the 12-13 hour days.  Planning to do the Portland Miniature Show October 1st - then I can slow down.  I think building another dollhouse would be good therapy for a healing knee! 
  3. Finished - Owners' Entrance

Thank you.  The landscaping evolved because I didn't want to mess with windows or doors in the basement!  
  4. Finished Back View

Thank you, everybody.  
  5. What's everyone working on?

Thank you, one and all!  This is my first build in the 1:48 scale - and I do believe I like it!  However, I soon realized I had ZILCH in extra supplies!  No stash in this scale!  I made most of the furniture. And this is equivalent to the O-gauge trains.  Hmmm ... could be some fun in that!  
  6. What's everyone working on?

I'm in the County Fair Season again - starting #4 for this month on Wednesday.  I finally finished the Grapeview Bed and Breakfast, took pictures last Wednesday the morning, packed my bag, left town and worked through yesterday in Port Angeles.  So proud of DH for finding the perfect spot for the photo shoot - outdoors by our gorgeous cedar trees!  He took our recycle bin out there, leveled it and covered it, and it was perfect!  Then, two days after I left town, he took it to the Hobby Hall at the State Fairgrounds and submitted it for me. All by himself!  So proud of him!  Here she is ...  There are few more pix in my gallery. 
  7. Finished - Owners' Entrance

From the album Grapeview Bed & Breakfast

All done!

© CheckMouseMiniatures

8. Finished - Bay Window View

All done!

© CheckMouseMiniatures

9. Finished Back View

All done!

© CheckMouseMiniatures

10. Finished Front

All done!

© CheckMouseMiniatures

11. Installation complete

Next time  
  12. Installation complete

The basement is now installed!  Finished the plaster part of the landscaping. A fountain will sit in that circle in the foreground.  My husband helped me bolt the wooden Lazy Susan to the bottom of this, and as I was planning the lawn I realized the head of that bolt was going to mess up my smooth lawn!  So I put a small plastic lid over it and incorporated it into the plaster. 

© CheckMouseMiniatures

13. Finished Basement

Leaving the basement sparsely furnished as it is a rec room, or hangout place. I made the sofa set, including the cabinet at the back of the room. Also made the pool table. I printed the "balls" off my graphic program and just glued that on top. Poles are toothpicks.   I turned the gentleman around in the bathroom - he's leaving rather than entering, as his wife is waiting for him to start their pool game.  You will notice that he left the seat cover up!

© CheckMouseMiniatures

14. What's everyone working on?

Which caliber bullet does the best job for suicide?  (just kidding - almost)  While working on the dormer windows in my little B&B last night, I noticed there was still a larger window glass in the tray. Shouldn't have been there as all the other windows were installed. Checked it out - I HAD LEFT THE GLASS OUT of the side window!     And, of course, I did an excellent job of gluing - couldn't even get an X-acto blade under the edge of the trim.   My two options are (1) to leave it and hope it's never noticed (yeah, right, as it is judged at the State Fair!)  or (2) glue the glass in the inside of the room, on top of the framing, then add a curtain. From the outside the glass would be visible, and the details would be less obvious on the inside. At least it wasn't one of the front windows!   BTW - I have never made dormer windows before and this house has 3 of them!  Still working on them!
  15. Basement Bathroom

Got started on the basement last night, which will be a rec room and overflow area. Here's a larger bathroom than the ones upstairs, with a washer and dryer in the back of it also. Since this is an old Victorian house, which has been upgraded to a B&B, I liked the idea of an old fashioned toilet in the basement. 

© CheckMouseMiniatures