Inspector Mouse, just checking

Contact Methods

• AIM minijean@aol.com
  • Website URL http://www.HeckartJunction.com
  • ICQ 0

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Allyn, Washington
  • Interests Reading, writing, and all things miniature.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name C J
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

4874 profile views
  1. Selkie

I just saw this news and am heartbroken.     She will be sorely missed!
  2. Gina Kendrick aka Wolfie

I've been going through my list of Wolfie dolls, admiring them all again.  They are such treasures to me, and I considered her a dear friend.  The world has lost a great artist.    
  3. What are you up to today? This week?

I know I've been away from Greenleaf too long, when I have to log in again with my password, instead of it just opening up!  Our daughter and family paid the way for DH to go back to Nebraska for the holidays. Most of his extended family is there, and he hasn't seen them for about 2 years. His sister is in a nursing home and we've been concerned about her. I'm happy he could go, but that has really but a heavy load on me, taking care of Mother by myself. She is in Stage 4 Kidney Disease and requires more and more care. So I don't get much else done, besides keeping her company. We've been playing a lot of Parcheesi games, which we both enjoy. But I have had NO time for minis for over a month.     Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everybody! 
  4. Vintage Vinyl Horsman Doll

I have a treasured doll from that era also. The body is okay but the eyes have a film over them. I am afraid to touch them, because that pushes them back into the head, and I don't want them to stay there!  The eyes still open and shut, but it looks like she's blind. I have her displayed anyway. She is the only toy to survive my childhood, given to me on my birthday in 1953.
  5. 1:24 Scale & 1:144 Scale Lighting: How?

Thank you!  It's one of my favorites. 
  6. 1:24 Scale & 1:144 Scale Lighting: How?

A picture of the house at night, with only its own lights on.  
  7. 1:24 Scale & 1:144 Scale Lighting: How?

Hi Drea.  I have built a lot in the 1:144 scale, and have added lights to many of them. I use the tiny lights from Evans Designs, mentioned above, with the coin batteries. They have tutorials and will also answer the phone if you need help. This is my Georgian townhouse which is lit up using those lights.  Georgian Townhouse There are more micro houses in my gallery, but most are not lighted.  
  8. new here

Welcome, Dave! 
  9. The Christmas Tree in the Lobby

From the album Spring Fling 2010

The kids are fascinated by the tree - and all the presents under it!

© checkmouse

10. A Nativity Scene is on the Mantel ...

This is porcelain and I've had it for years. Don't remember where I got it. Poor little, microscopic Baby Jesus was lost for a couple years - finally found him in the bottom of a box. It's so tiny I now pack it separately in a little ziplock bag. 
  11. Winter Guests at CJ's Mountain Retreat

This is our Christmas display this year!  The tree and presents are all in miniature!  
  12. A Nativity Scene is on the Mantel ...

This resort is open all year long, and is now ready for the winter guests!

© checkmouse

13. Winter Guests at CJ's Mountain Retreat

This resort is open all year long, and is now ready for the winter guests!

© checkmouse

14. Time Out

What?
  15. Need your prayers if you are that way inclined

Appreciate the update. Let her know we are all rooting for her!