CheckMouse had the most liked content!

1,940 Excellent

About CheckMouse

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://www.HeckartJunction.com

Profile Information

• Interests
    Reading, writing, and all things miniature.

Retained

• Member Title
    Inspector Mouse, just checking

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    C J
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

7,483 profile views
  1. Happy New Year to all. Our household is still pretty much a mess with daughter, two grown grandkids, and a CAT living with us. Hopefully they will find their own place pretty soon. Hoping to get back to my 1:48 schoolhouse soon. Hugs to all my wonderful Greenleaf family. 😊
  2. Oh, Holly, what a nightmare! How can they measure anything like that? I'm glad you don't have sleep apnea, though. I know that's how they do all these tests, but how can they think that's a normal night's sleep, hooked up to all that stuff?
  3. Yes, I do miss the days when a pretty bandaid, a hug, and a cookie could fix any problem! Unfortunately, even those "small" problems can be overwhelming and we don't appreciate those days until much later. 🙂
  4. Sounds like everyone is keeping busy! Sorry you've been having so many health issues, Holly. Hope they get everything regulated soon! This business of gettin' old ain't for sissies, that's for sure! We've been having a different set of problems lately. Our daughter is going through a rough divorce (should have left years ago!) so we offered lodging for her and her two adult children (18 &24). We love them dearly but that was almost 9 months ago! Their house finally sold, but the divorce isn't final yet. She couldn't afford to keep making the mortgage payments alone and pay for other lodging also. Our 18 year old granddaughter is working now, after frittering away the summer, but our 24 year old grandson is a problem. He was doing fine until the Pandemic hit and he had to leave college (junior year) and stay holed up at home with an abusive father. He has just spiraled into a deep depression and can't seem to get out of it. Doesn't want to get out of it. He stays in his room and plays video games with friends around the world online. Unfortunately, he also drinks rather heavily, and smokes pot. IN MY HOUSE! I can't stand the smell of that stuff. He's been told to quit, but he thinks he's hiding it. Right -- until it's picked up by the central heat system and is spread through the whole house! I am so ready for all of them to move out! My therapy for myself has been to build a small dollhouse. I'm making a quarter-scale one-room schoolhouse. Actually, the kit was supposed to be Santa's Workshop but I'm bashing it to be a schoolhouse. At least that is something I can control!
  5. Hi everybody! Things have changed a lot in our household in the last few weeks! Daughter, 18-yr-old granddaughter, and 24-yr-old grandson have moved in with us. Daughter is going through a tough divorce and the house is being prepared for selling. So they will stay with us until the dust settles. Daughter said maybe she could keep this as a home base after that. Uh, that would be a NO! DH and I finally have been alone for the last 2 years since my mother died and we have been enjoying it. Alone being the keyword here. We shall see. The hardest part of having the family move in is that they had to bring their CAT! We enjoyed cats many years ago when we lived in the country. Our cats earned their keep and the great outdoor was their litter box! Now we have a litter box at the foot of the stairs in the basement. But our little Shih Tzu, Miss Ginger, does not like cats! Never has, even before we adopted her. Ginger was housebroken and "paper trained" before we got her, and aside from the first 2 weeks in a new environment, has never been a problem. But now she seems to feel obligated to reclaim her territory! I'm finding little "cigars" in my craft room, wet carpet near the kitty litter, and a frustrated dog.
  6. What a great opportunity!
  7. My daughter is fine. For the first time in her life she is actually seeking my advice, and ACCEPTING it! 😲 She's very grateful for the offer to move in with us. My grandson, 24, is a very sweet young man but has absolutely no ambition! My daughter, a nurse, is beginning to suspect Asberger's sydrome or something on that order. He's content to stay in his room and sleep, or play video games, 24/7. He was in his 3rd year of college and doing very well when the pandemic hit, and it was as if the rug was jerked out from under him. Being cooped up in the house with his emotionally-abusive father did not help, either. My granddaughter, 18, is the go-getter. She just bought her own car, holds down a job, gets good grades in her senior year of high school, helps her mother, and is taking modeling classes. But we never quit caring for our kids! Love will get us through.
  8. We're playing Fruit Basket Upset at our house! Our daughter and her husband are getting a divorce (about 16 years too late!) and our daughter and her two kids will be moving in with us, until they can get resettled. Our grandson is 24 years old, but still living at home. His sister is 18 and a senior in high school. So we've been shuffling things around to make room for everybody. Our little Miss Ginger (Shih Tzu) is not sure what's going on, but I was able to avoid moving her little window seat, while rearranging furniture. She sits there, or sleeps there, most of the day and I really didn't want to move it. She's our neighborhood watch captain. As long as her stuff stays put she's okay. Oh, yeah, one more thrill coming our way -- A CAT! I have listened to horror stories of cats vs dollhouses for years, and was always glad we didn't have a cat anymore. So now I am digging out all the acylic sheets I had stashed away, and cutting shields for the fronts of my houses. In this big old house I've been able to put my dollhouses anywhere I wanted to. Now I have to protect them! The goal is to have everybody moved out of our daughter's house by March 1st. (She had taken in some renters to help pay the mortgage.) Her husband has been NO help at all in getting things lined up for a sale. Instead he has been playing house in Thailand with a new girlfriend. So the stress load on my daughter is just about too much. It's time to come home to Momma!
  9. Happy New Year to all.
  10. Hi, everybody. Life keeps marching along here in Nebraska. We've had a delightful 5" of snow today. Last night we celebrated our granddaughter's 18th birthday. Time flies! Seems like just a little while ago she was an 11-year-old building a dollhouse with Grandma. Our little Shih Tzu, Miss Ginger, continues to delight us. So much personality in such a little body! Tonight she wanted to go outside to do her business so I took her out to the back porch and opened the door. She went down the steps and landed belly-deep in snow. She raced over to the shelter of the garage, did her business, and zoomed back into the house.
  11. Is there a way to download the calendar of events?
  12. Looks like I just got the 1-year badge, too. I've been here a tad longer than that. This was the first online miniature group I ever found, and it's the best!
  13. So far I have not wanted to sell any of my own dollhouses. However, since I sell at Miniature shows, I am toying with the idea of building one to sell finished, rather than the just the kit. I just revisited this thread to get some more pointers. I bought some (wholesale) kits several years ago, that make into a cute Santa's house. I think they are adorable but I have not sold one kit! Now I'm stuck with them. I'm thinking of making up one as a school house and putting it out for sale at a mini-show.
  14. Hi again, Everybody! I haven't forgotten you all, it's just that life gets in the way! Our newest news is that a little furball has joined the family. She's a purebred Shih Tzu, now 8 years old. Her BFF man died when she was 5 years old and his widow was having trouble taking care of a dog by herself. Her health is failing and little Miss Ginger was always in the way, and being kept in a small, overheated apartment. Through a mutual friend we were able to adopt her. We've had her about 18 months now and she is just the sweetest thing, and incredibly intelligent. It didn't take her long to adjust to new humans and a new house - big enough for her to zoom from one end to the other. When we lost our dachshund almost 30 years ago I swore I'd never have another dog. Hurts too much to lose them. But Miss Ginger has brought us a lot of joy.