Inspector Mouse, just checking

Contact Methods

• AIM cj.heckart@gmail.com
  • Website URL http://www.HeckartJunction.com
  • ICQ 0

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Allyn, Washington
  • Interests Reading, writing, and all things miniature.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name C J
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

6412 profile views
  1. Are We Having Fun Yet?

Thanks, Holly.  Leaving the next house I will be on a gurney, being guided by some VERY handsome dudes, heading to the Coroner's nice van parked at the curb!
  2. Are We Having Fun Yet?

We are in the process of moving from WA to NE.  What a stupendous hassle! Our house went on the market May 2nd - and sold within the first week.  And the buyer's financing fell through a few days later!  So it was back to the Open Houses on the weekends (4 hours each) and text messaged appointments at any given moment the rest of the time. Packing Mother up and out of the house has been a real nightmare. With her increasing dementia we had to explain EVERY time why we're leaving - yes, we're selling - yes, we're moving.  Had an offer, way too low, and responded with a counter-offer (still lower than we liked), waited for him to return from his vacation and answer his flippin' phone.  Never did hear back from him, come to think of it. In the meantime a young couple asked for a special time to come to the house, because they worked nights and couldn't come in our preferred evening window. But we didn't have to leave for that one - and they ended up buying!  FINALLY!  Paperwork started June 15th - Happy Father's Day!   So we are now in the 30-day countdown.  Took three tries to get a dependable realtor in NE but the third one really is the charm!  She has been very helpful - touring many homes with us via video (Facebook Messenger video - pretty cool!) . Our DD and SIL have gone to most of these viewings and it is very helpful to get their input, although I am getting suspicious that my SIL doesn't like any house in town except his own!  Oh, well - we only asked for input, not decisions. We have signed papers for two houses - and lost them both due to shady selling-realtor practices.    Toured one again this morning and just signed papers for it. But I refuse to get excited until they hand us the keys!  I seem to be drawn to these older homes in the Midwest - they look like dollhouses! Today's house is 100 years old, with a full basement. It is structurally sound but we will be doing a few things to it. The owner is a 90-yr-old widower who has lived there for 57 years!  He drove up before our tour was over - I don't think he realized we were in on the consultation. Still sharp as a tack, still driving, and moving into a one-level duplex.  If we get this house I will share pictures with everybody. Maybe this third house will be the charm, also!  We are getting so tired of this run around! 
  3. What are you up to today? This week?

Thanks, Holly. We are aware of that, and I worry about old electrical also. I love the old houses - but there are risks. I want to move into one that looks like a dollhouse!     Thank you, Sarah!  I thought they were all gone!
  4. What are you up to today? This week?

Still house-hunting online - I subscribe to both Zillow and Realtor.com and have seen MANY nice houses. Found one two days ago that we could go with immediately - unless the inspections shows some hidden problems.  Waiting for the pre-qualification to go through.  One thing I really like about Nebraska is the pricing of the houses - we can get twice the house for half the price of our WA house! We are searching for full basement with a nice house on top! We have been advised that it might be better to rent first, while we look for a house. NOT!   I wasn't expecting to ever move from this house (except on a gurney) and I really don't want to move twice now. Our daughter and SIL have promised to go check out any house for us, so we'll have to accept their opinion. I will try to keep up better and let you all know how we progress!     PS:  I notice that we have lost about 2/3 of our wonderful emoticons.   They were so much fun!
  5. What are you up to today? This week?

I know I've been gone too long when I have to put in my login information again! Life has been totally crazy for me lately. Still trying to get my mini-business producing enough to support us through retirement - having trouble mastering the laser cutter. But the biggest news is that we are, once again, attempting to move to Nebraska. We have a very good realtor this time, and the market is better than it was a few years ago. However, my mother (96) is now suffering from dementia and all this is pretty hard on her.  (Why do they say the patient is "suffering"?  The caregivers are the ones who suffer!)  Trying to keep her on an even keel, and keep the house looking like an empty hotel room for show-and-tell, and packing behind the scenes -- it is all very stressful. I much prefer moving and building a dollhouse! And through all this I'm trying to build my business. I told our realtor that my workroom is off limits for "cleaning" - prospective buyers can see it like it is but I don't dare remove or rearrange things or they will never be found again!  When I get an online order I need to know exactly where the merchandise is!  We thought the house was sold a week ago, but the buyer's financing fell through so we're back to square one. Dear, sweet Mother - every day it's "Oh, are we selling the house?  I didn't know that! Am I moving with you?"  (Yes, Mother, for the 399th time - we're selling, moving, and you're going, too!   Can't say that last sentence out loud, though - only think it.)  
  6. What are you up to today? This week?

Yes, that's what they are for - indoor growing area for small plants. I worked for a Home Improvement company, selling windows, and we had one in the booth to demonstrate. As I manned the booth for many hours on end, with no customers in the evening, my mini-imagination took off. What if I - this part could be - here I could put - etc. Forget the plants! A dollhouse was born!  Not too long after that the company switched manufacturers and employees could go to the warehouse and get anything they wanted for $100 apiece (usually sell for several thousand). I got one garden window and one slider patio door and we put them into our garage-turned-office.  I have had a lot of fun with that Bistro. :) 
  7. What are you up to today? This week?

Well, the new year has arrived, and now the moving plans shift up a notch.  I am so not looking forward to this. And, at the same time, I am preparing for the Seattle Miniature Show in March, and MUST make a lot more merchandise to take! Planning to go find a storage unit on Monday or Tuesday and start taking things to it little by little. I am a night person so I only make progress after the rest of the house is down and quiet. I've been working on packing up my beloved Garden Bistro. Thought I could get it all in one box, but am now on Box #2. With my office door shut, I play The Golden Girls on HULU while I work. That makes the time go faster and the work is more fun, and laughing with them helps. I will most likely never get to reassemble this "house" - I don't think they have any "garden windows" in the Midwest, as no one knows what I'm talking about when I mention it.  I'm so tired of moving around the country - been doing it all my life, and I thought this was the last stop.   This is what I'm packing up right now ... Garden Bistro    
  8. Happy New Year

Thanks, Holly. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now.   
  9. Happy New Year

Happy New Year, everybody.   This year is bringing a lot of change our way. Not sure I'm ready for it. We will try once again to sell our house here and move to Nebraska. My sweet mother is slowly declining in health, and steadily increasing in dementia. DH and I care for her 24/7 - which means we can never leave the house together anymore. No more dinners out, even on our anniversary, and no more traveling to see our kids. I have moved and packed and traveled all my life, starting at 2 or 3 years old - been settled here in my birth state for the last 20 years and didn't want to move again. But it's a necessity. We're going to the town our daughter lives in, and our son is a few hours south, so we will see them all - kids and grandkids - much more frequently. And there's a lot of family to sit with my mother once in awhile so we can go out.  Been packing up my Garden Bistro dollhouse (the one in the garden window in my office) these last three evenings - should be finished tonight. 
  10. Miniaturist Michael Paul Smith passed away

I loved his work. So sorry he's gone so young. 
  11. Black Friday Sale

CheckMouse Miniatures is having their FIRST Black Friday Sale. Good through November 30th, 2018  Coupon Code BF2018.   CheckMouse Minis
  12. Lawbre Glen Cove

Thanks, Kathie - I didn't realize that was all in there!  Since the last upgrade I haven't figured out all the changes yet.  I see that we have lost a lot of emoticons also.    They were so much fun! 
  13. Lawbre Glen Cove

Yes, they are! And this bunch is right at the top!  I found this site before I found Facebook, and it's still "home".  And you can always ask a question and get a good answer. 
  14. Lawbre Glen Cove

If you use the "quote" feature at the bottom of every post, you can reply to that specific comment, even if it's back aways, or even on a previous page.  Not quite the same as FB, but you get used to it.  I just used that to answer you here - it will repeat what the person said, then you can add your comment below. And if they had a long post, you can (carefully!) delete part of it to respond the part you wanted to comment on.  And you can click on the "like" button, over on the right side of a post. That used to say who had liked it, but it doesn't give the names anymore.  BTW - welcome to the Greenleaf Family  
  15. What are you up to today? This week?

Christine, I'm so glad you got it!  I just couldn't get enthused about it - it didn't speak to me.  Happy to know it has found a loving home. You have done a beautiful job of finishing it.