• Last visited

0 Neutral

About 2small4me

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://www.outofourminds.etsy.com

Profile Information

• Interests
    dollhouse miniatures, knitting and sewing, cycling and camping, medieval and renaissance re-enactment

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Four
  • Real Name
    Kim
  • Country
    United States
  1. Holly, Could you email me a copy of the Shenandoah instructions, too? I would love to actually finish a dollhouse this year, just to show my husband that I can finish one! LOL Kim
  2. Hi, I discovered this mini community while trying to find instructions to finish the Shendandoah dollhouse that has been half finished in my garage for 12 years. I have been doing miniatures off and on for over 25 years. I started making things as a kid. By the time I was in my teens I was making furniture from balsa and basswood, and my parents gifted me with a scroll saw so I could cut my wood properly. I've packed my minis away many times over the years when life didn't let me play. I'm coming off my most recent hiatus from minis. I was getting my masters degree in education and was mini-less for two years, but recently rejoined my old swap group and decided to finish one dollhouse by the end of the year. I have four unfinished ones at home. One belongs to my daughter, but the other three are all mine! The one I want to finish first is a Shenandoah cabin. Then I have a little haunted house that I got at a yard sale, took apart, and reassembled into a sweet little cottage. My final house is a three story, front-opening, mansard roofed Victorian behemoth that will be my retirement project someday! I love looking at other people's projects and seeing all the creative ideas that they bring to their projects. It helps motivate me to work on mine. Kim
  3. My kit is about 12 years old and is made up of pine "logs" that had to be sorted by size and glued together too make walls, floors, ect. It is mostly finished. i just need to do the porch and trimwork and finishe the two small roof pieces that go over the second floor gable. If anyone has these instructions, I would be happy to pay for the cost of copying and mailing them. This is one of four, yes four, unfinished dollhouses and I would dearly love to finish one before the end of the year. Kim
  4. I have a Shenandoah that is partly built in my garage. I want to finish it, but can't find the instructions. Can I get a copy of the instructions, too? It has been 12 years since I worked on it! I started the house when my daughter was a newborn and worked on it when she was napping. Then, I glued the 2nd story floor in the wrong way (the staircase opening was over the ground floor fireplace!) and haven't worked on it since. Yesterday, I finally unglued the floor and flipped it! Now I'd like to finish the house, but can't find the instructions. Help! Kim