• Real Name
    Kent
  • Country
    United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

2,183 profile views
  1. yorkie_owner_85

Barbie Dolls

You can always give a Barbie an 80s perm by using chenille sticks to roll up the hair tightly like a curler and then dipping the hair in boiling water for a minute. You then blot the excess water and let the hair dry overnight. Some doll hair do not react very well to this though but usually the hair stays nice and soft. I’ve managed to make one Barbie have a perfectly rounded Afro this way. You can also braid the hair into sections and do the same thing for crimped hair.
  2. After I move, I will place the 42” Doll next to a Barbie and a Barbie Dreamhouse for comparison sizes.
  3. I’m currently in the lead for another 42” porcelain limited edition musical doll made by my favorite artist. If I win, the doll will be the lowest I’ve paid so far for one this size.
  4. I need help figuring out how to assemble these types of lights in the boxed room kits. Especially for the walls and ceiling.
  5. I only have three repro vintage Barbie’s. I got a few vintage clothing for the earlier dolls but I’m more into the 80s and 90s dolls.
  6. For my Barbie collection, I found a Barbie and the Rockers Concet Instrument playset on Saturday at my local Goodwill and for it being used, I am only missing two of the original items which are the doll stand and this support bar that holds the keyboard stand together which isn’t necessary since the keyboard can still stand without it. I even got an extra guitar, two more keyboards and stands, clothing, and a spotlight with no base which is unusual as most Barbie playset s that have been played with are almost never nearly complete and are missing smaller items. The item I thought for sure would be missing but wasn’t was the tambourine. I’m so excited about my find as the 80s Rockers are my favorite Barbie line ever. I also got a few more Goebel dolls and music boxes.
  7. I’m currently bidding on a musical wooden Dolly Dingle doll. The doll artist who made the doll is my favorite and she made only four different musical wooden Dolly Dingle dolls and I’m only interested in two of them because of how they are dressed. The one I’m bidding on right now is wearing a blue floral print dress and the other one I Want is dressed in a sailor girl outfit with a naval print on it and has a sailor cap and holds a little toy boat.
  8. I really want to buy the Shopkin Happy Places buildings but they can be expensive to fill after you decorate with the stuff included. The Mansion and school are the ones I want the most with the Disney house being less of a priority but the mansion is close to $70 with enough stuff to partially decorate four of the rooms at best. And the blind boxes aren’t cheap and are prone to have duplicates since you can’t tell what’s inside the box until you open them up. I can’t afford to keeping buying blind boxes just to complete a room. Shame as I really love how everything looks after seeing My Froggy Stuff do a review on all the large play sets.
  9. I bought three DIY music box kits on eBay last week and they in the mail today. They are made of plastic and wood and I can paint them. I was planning on using my own paint and colors since these kits are from the 80s and I knew that the paint would have dried up by then. My question is there such a thing as glitter acrylic craft paint? One kit is of a clown and another is a couple in a row boat on the water and I want them to be very colorful, especially the clown. Could I also mix glitter into paint if there is no such thing as glitter craft paint?
  10. I just received the four Goebel doll and three music boxes I bought on eBay yesterday. One of the music boxes is one I've been searching for on eBay for awhile now after wanting it since I saw one like it in a store around 2003 but not having the money to buy it. It's hard to find. I paid $32 plus shipping for it but it was worth it. It's shaped like a bar with a lazy Susan holding a wine glass and two liquor bottles and a bar maid that moves side to side while it lights up and plays Für Elise. The other two play songs I've been wanting to add to my collection.They are Sukiyaki and Variation on a Theme of Paganini.
  11. The YouTube channel My Froggy Stuff has videos showing how too make drinks and other things for dolls. You can always adjust the size.
  12. I bought a few more dolls and music boxes for my collections. My personal favorites of the ones I've gotten since December are the Clown and Ballerina music box which is exactly the same as the one a family friend had when I was little, the two fiber optic music box lamps, the Thomas Kincaid decorative lamp music box, a Goebel Christmas doll limited to 250, the Goebel doll commemorating my favorite doll artist's retirement, the Totally Hair Blonde Barbie Reproduction doll, a Goebel fox doll dressed like a fox hunter limited to 250, and this adorable music box of a cat dressed like a Grandma sitting in a rocking chair knitting with a piece of rope made to look like yarn attached to a small separate kitten with a ball of yarn that plays Memory. The best part is it rocks back and forth ad the music plays!
  13. I will be working on my miniature house music box kits that I bought. I haven't worked on the on fir about a year because I didn't have time to work on it but I do now. I also have a table to work on. I'm waiting for the other kit to come in the mail. I also want to work on the cross stitch windmill music box I've have for four years now. My plan is the first house will have a movement that plays A Time For Us from Romeo and Juliet, the second house plays Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel, and the windmill will play Summer Wind. I wanted it to be Windmills of Your Mind but couldn't find a movement playing the song so I chose Summer Wind to give a wind theme to the kit. It's better than the Try to Remember movement packaged with the kit. I'm also working on a custom Paper Dress Kim Chi from season eight of Rupaul's Drag Race doll using an Asian Made to Move Barbie. All I need now is double sided tape, baby pink yarn, and lots of white computer paper!