• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Kimberly
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

712 profile views
  1. I finally got it off after using a hammer and knife. My patience was about gone when it popped off. Now to find my new wallpaper!
  2. I am trying to do the opposite of most people--remove crown moulding from a dollhouse in order to re-wallpaper. Apparently, the glue I used did a great job of holding it in place. Any ideas on how to remove it? I do not need to save the molding.
  3. kiminiminy

Picture 230.jpg

I love the staircase/bookcase
  4. I bought the Lafayette kit off ebay and everything arrived in the original box. Most of my experience building has been with RGT, and only one with the punch out wood (Orchid). I have read somewhere else that Dura-Craft has gaps between the walls. I am having so many problems and frustrations with this house. 1. my shingles are on back order from HBS--the house is supposed to be a shingle style house--all shingled. 2. I am having problems picking out the wallpaper and color schemes. Has anyone else built this house?
  5. Looking at the pizza makes me hungry!
  6. kiminiminy

Picture 6731.jpg

The wood looks so authentic, and sounds easy too!
  7. kiminiminy

DSC00548.JPG

It was more than likely a Hobby Lobby years ago. The little flower on the foot of the bed is an old button/bead. The rug is part of an old greeting card.
  8. The bed looks all crisp clean..and ready for a visitor!
  9. So cute! I also like the way you made the floor look old.
  10. Love it! :xmas_tree:
  11. I love the stained glass kit idea. I read an DIY article once for miniatures and for stained glass it had you use a lead strip. So, I wanted to try it. Went to the store and the roll of lead strip was $20. I could justify that if I was sure I was going to do a lot of stained glass. Maybe I will try this type of kit from Michael's.
  12. kiminiminy

victorian cottage jr.

This house I am currently working on...and almost done. I plan to sell this one.
  13. Mom and I built these in junior high and I have decorated them all up.
  14. kiminiminy

Orchid

This was the first dollhouse I built completely alone..and the first I built in about 8 years. Definitely a learning process!
  15. The most important thing to have fun and let the creative juices flow!