Abuelita

Silver Member
  • Last visited

0 Neutral

About Abuelita

Profile Information

• Interests
    The miniature hobby has always been a facination. Making a dollhouse became practical as a shared hobby with my sister-in-law. The first simple dollhouse kit (Adams) was great fun. It is as close as I could imagine to historic adobe houses. Library research on historic houses is just as facininating with information about the people and their motivations for building as they did. <br /> I'm lucky to have grand-daughters who are also interested in the dollhouse projects. The youngest (age 4 1/2) wants to drive around neighborhoods to look at "houses with upstairs" so she can pick out colors for her house. <br /> I like unique architecture, historic houses, especially Monterey style, adobe and other brick & stone structures. Other interests are listening to books on tape while working on hobbies: vegetable gardening, art, sewing quilts & costumes, reading and cooking. I'm retired, and attending culinary school.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Four
  • Real Name
    Lynn
  • Country
    United States
  1. Hi, I read your recent post on CTS. I retired from computer science work with it. I recommend wearing your wrist braces at night when you sleep. That will help a lot. Also wear them when driving a car, picking up anything heavy like grocery bags. Take a NSAID (anti inflammatory) like Advil or Tylenol. Don't wear the braces all the time as it will not be good for circulation. Good luck. Abuelita
  2. Awesome! Fine details are charming. Love the rich look of the front porch.
  3. Abuelita

DSCN1471.JPG

Wow! As a weaver I appreciate the magnitude of this little loom. Must have had one in his home to be so accurate.
  4. Abuelita

Kitchen Tile Work

Nice job on the arrangement of the kitchen. Is it for rent? I might like to live there....
  5. Abuelita

PC070018.JPG

A lovely dresser. Nice room too and it fits right in the decor.