• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Donna
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

423 profile views
  1. WOw! Thanks for all of the links. I really enjoyed them!
  2. So glad to see that I am not alone in stocking up. My only problem is that I just moved and the house is smalller and I can't find everything I am looking for. I know I have it. SO FRUSTRATING!!
  3. Good luck to all of you. It is not so easy to do. I have been doing that off and on a for a while now. We have been in a bad financial situation for a while now. I have been forced to buy only what we need. We went from being very comfortable and having a lot of extra to having nothing extra because we are disabled. I have even had to sell some of my huge stock of miniatures.
  4. Since I do not have directions for the Linfield I think I will start with a smaller house called the Buttercup. I looked at some members pics of this and it is a cute little house. Hopefully I will not have problems with electrifying it. I started another house and had trouble and never finished it. The electric worked until I put in the wallpaper. I have no idea what happened. I went to a Habitat for Humanity resale store yesterday and found a Greenleaf kit of miniature house with the Station and Store and paid $8.00 for it. I went into my closet today to look ae all of the miniatures I have. I think I have enough to open a small store. I just went crazy buying stuff in the hopes of finally getting to the point of building my houses. I know I have way more than I will ever need and probably have enough to keep me busy for several years to come. That closet is a Miniaturists dream. From furnitue and realife kits and HOM kits to Reutter Porcelain, all accessories, carpet, wallpaper, building supplies and tools. If I had the room in this house I think I would have a Miniaturists club and we would never have to go out to buy anything. I think I even have close to 100 lights for these. Maybe I am a Pack Rat of sorts but when I bought these I got them for a great price on Ebay. I started Miniature furniture collecting by posting on Craigslist for House of Miniature kits. A lady contacted me with a Breakfront for $5.00 that was sll it took to get me hooked. I guess that is enough about me. This is what happens when you are board and at home all of the time. Thanks for letting me ramble on.
  5. I am looking forward to being on here and may ask silly questions occasionally. I have been collecting dollhouses,room boxes, building supplies, all kinds of furnishings and 100's (I do mean several 100) of House of Miniatures Kits and other items. I do think I have all of the furniture kits and all of the rugs kits plus several brass an pewter items from them. I have several how to books and tools to build with. The only things I have done so far are several HOM furniture kits. I am finally ready to start building a House. I will be starting with the Linfield (I desperately need the instructions if anyone has them, please let me know). I will eventually post some itenms to swap on here. I am from North Carolina and trapped in the house all of the time due to a work injury. Please message me if any one is in the Concord,NC area and would like to get together to do Dollhouses or mini furniture. It would be a lot of fun to have someone with a common interest as a friend!
  6. Does anyone have a copy of the instructions? I have lost mine when I moved and I really would like to build it now that I am settled.