• Last visited

0 Neutral

About Shining Halcyon

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://colloidish.livejournal.com/profile

Profile Information

• Interests
    Miniatures (of course), dolls and toys, Pokemon, children's media, anthro art, traditional animation, Nashville music scene, photography, holidays, biology, etc.

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Katherine
  • Country
    United States
  1. Thanks, all. I will definitely look into those door skins and the E6000 - they sound perfect! ;)
  2. I've decided to permanently alter a roombox for my first project, as I currently have nothing else to work with, but I have no idea where to start. For those who don't know, it's a larger plastic roombox intended for temporary display of playscale minis, with a built-in window and door and interlocking sides that further attach via fairly weak magnets. I'm looking to fit each side with a nonremovable wall, carpet or hardwood the floor, glue the sides together, and wire the box for electricity. Online beginners' guides for dollhouse/roombox construction have been of some assistance, but since they all assume the structure being put together is wooden, I'm still in need of help. Here are the questions I primarily have in mind at this point; I may add more as the thread progresses: What material should I use for the walls - wood? plaster? It should be fairly thin, to achieve the effect of locking into the base, and fairly easy to cut, to allow space for the window and door. What glues are recommended for binding plastic to itself, to the chosen wall material, and to flooring? What is known about wiring a plastic structure? Would I need different supplies than a wood structure would call for? Thank you all so much! I'm really hoping to make this project a success. ^^;
  3. Squee, there's a club in the Huntsville area! I'll definitely be checking it out soon. =)
  4. Thanks, everyone, for such a warm welcome! I definitely know I'm going to love it here. -^^-
  5. What a neat table! I've always been a sucker for anything gothic or Halloween-ish. Can't wait to see your doll! =D
  6. I'm always sort of nervous about making intro posts, but seeing as they tend to be fairly short here, I'll make mine likewise. I'm Kath, sixteen years old (am I the only one? ) and living in a small town in North Alabama. I initially joined the miniature hobby as an offshoot of my doll hobby, starting with a Re-Ment room box and a few furnishings. After exploring a bit more, I discovered, as I'm sure you all did, that the hobby quite easily takes on a life of its own! I'm now ready to move up to my first complete dollhouse - there are a couple I have my eye on - and use the room box for other plans. I'm so excited to get started here! ^^ ~Kath