• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Amy
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

3940 profile views
  1. e2efaba1afeabac513099fdafbd2fc6c.jpg

Love the wallpaper, too. Did you stitch the wall hangings? Great job!
  2. eb6bc9cc0d5f72b3e7ccbed29ce32e86.jpg

Absolutely adorable!
  3. Lacamas Lake House

What a neat looking house. For me, this is such a special time when you bring the house home - your imagination just goes wild & your heart expands with great joy and love (sorry if it sounds corny). Have FUN!
  4. Any help identifying this?

The hutch is a painted $1.00 hutch from Michael's.
  5. Coffeehousefinished (24)L.jpg

This is just what my kitties would have done! 
  6. New Reno project.jpeg

What a darling cottage! Looking forward to seeing the transformation.
  7. plexiB.jpg

I like this side view, too. 
  8. plexiA.jpg

This is a great view of the house. The glass windows really complete the look. 
  9. Can I get an amen!

I think I might change 3 people to "1 person and my dog" (or maybe just "my dog").
  10. Stenciling Test

This is beautiful - can't believe it is your mock-up - and I love the colors.
  11. My next rehab project

FAMOUS LAST WORDS: This is turning into a bigger project than I initially thought... Originally, I planned to repaint the outside and thought I could just sand & paint over existing paint. Then, as I examined it, the paint seems "gummy" so I started to scrape and sand. Spent most of yesterday doing it and haven't gotten very far. I think all paint should be removed, then I will sand, prime and paint. My question is what to use to remove the paint? I'm guessing it is latex (because I don't think acrylic would be this tough to remove and the house is so big, probably the builder used house paint). The paint was either not very glossy and/or some of the gloss has worn off.
  12. IMG-9146.jpg

I love sinks under windows... probably because I've had to wash so many dishes.
  13. Before interior

I believe it is the Lilliput Apple Blossom - Walmer/ RGT. It is plywood and not MDF.
  14. Kit Bashing & Building in general

I have opened up rooms and used a column to support the house, but these were smaller (not too complicated) houses. Another idea is to put channel molding on one edge of the wall that has the cutout - it would act like a column and strengthen the wall a lot.  Enjoy this time of anticipation... sometimes I am so excited about a dh that I can't get to sleep!