• Last visited

0 Neutral

About miniamateur

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Patricia
  • Country
    United States
  1. Oh Lisa, Is Sandy a Ruby Cavalier? I have a Ruby named Abbey who is the spitting image of Sandy.
  2. Hi Caren, Like you I am a newbie. I am semi-retired and building my first dollhouse. I had others which were built for me but I decided I would like to build one of my own from the ground up and just the way I want it to be. I purchased the Willowcrest from Hobby Builders Supply and just recently started. I am taking my time as I have given myself no finishing date so I can truly enjoy the experience. Good luck with your ventures. I too am from New York but not as far upstate as you.
  3. Oh Kathie, You are truly a great person. I'm so glad you got Rocky. I know when he sees that you will give him nothing but love, you will truly have a "devoted friend for life". I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Abbey who is the love of our lives. God bless you!
  4. Thank you all for your warm welcomes! My Willowcrest has "talked to me" and I hope to turn it into Ravencrest, owned and habitated by one Druscilla Sullivan. Her home will be "dark Victorian" but as Druscilla would say, "Just because I love dark colors and Crows and Ravens, does not make me evil." I have never been so enthused over anything as much as this miniature endeavor. I find myself really noticing the designs and details of certain houses that I see along the road and constantly searching for more and more information on the computer none of which has bored me for one moment. I do a lot of cross stitch, crocheting and knitting, but this is the first project that I am truly doing for myself. Now all I have to do is try to master the camera and downloading techniques so that I will be able to take you on my journey to Ravencrest.
  5. This is absolutely fabulous! Something like this would look beautiful on my Willocrest!
  6. I joined the group several weeks ago but I guess I went backwards a little by not introducing myself right away. I have started my first dollhouse project, that is attempting to build it myself. I am building the Willowcrest and although I just started on Monday after through research and decision making, I have to say that this is some of the most enjoyable time I have ever spent even though all I did was separate and sand the whole afternoon. I have seen some of the other Willowcrest projects on this site and I am very very impressed.
  7. miniamateur

The kitchen

Deb, I just answered your greeting and then got on to your pictures of your Willowcrest. I can't believe it! These are the pictures I had been the most impressed with when I was just researching on the internet about this house. This is almost exactly what I want to do and the red lace curtains have haunted me. Did you make them yourself? Also, I just love the kitchen and bathroom. You are a true imspiration! Patricia
  8. Hi Deb, It was so nice to hear from you. I am thinking Victorian and I want to do it with an eye to detail. I have given myself no deadlines and plan to make this house my "dream house". I think there will be quite a bit of kit bashing as although it is a beautiful kit, I do want to upgrade a bit. This is such a wonderful website and I am "awed" by some of the talent I see in the pictures of the finished projects. My other interests are counted cross stitch, crocheting and knitting and I will be making items for my house as well a making some of the furniture. Patricia
  9. Hello from a "newbie", I decided that I wanted to build a dollhouse exactly the way I wanted. I purchased the "new" Willowcrest and will be starting soon. I just joined the community today and have seen some absolutely beautiful houses and have gotten some great ideas for my project. Thank you.