• Last visited

0 Neutral

About minniezota

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Country
    United States
  1. Yeah! Just got confirmation email that my entry was received. Phew! Now I just have to get 47 half-scale "somethings" finished in the next couple of weeks for a swap in one of my yahoo groups.
  2. I just emailed my entry. I hope, I HOPE, I REALY, REALLY HOPE I got it in on time?? It was a lot of fun working on this, but I'm sure glad it's done. Seemed like every time I even thought about working on this something else went wrong to prevent it. From my order not arriving for a long time, (Thanks again, Dean for taking care of that!) to grandkids too sick to go to daycare, to last weekend's breakdown of our walk-in freezer so we had to pack everything down to the basement and load it into our old chest freezers that we used to use. . . Then one of those quit working Monday - so that meant a trip to town (30 miles one way) to get a new chest freezer to keep things until the walk-in is fixed. . . and unloading the old one ane repacking the new. Phew! No wonder it took an all-nighter to get this done in the nick of time. And no wonder I had to incorporate a ________ into the scene ehehe. Looking forward to seeing all the entries! Good luck all. Minnie
  3. We can still submit tomorrow, can't we? What is the final submission time? I'm not wanting to wait until the last few seconds, but life events hane been ganging up on me when it comes to this contest. I hope to finish tonite (IF we can still submit tomorrow) and will be working frantically after I get home tonight at 4:30, - but if my daughter, who is 4 days past her due date goes into labor, that will be the final straw. PLEASE let me know what is the final deadline, so I can decide whether to work on it til the wee hours, or just give it up and catch up on some lost sleep. Thanks, Minnie
  4. My order receipt stated: Order Time: 2/1/2007 1:09:02 PM Current Status: Authorized/Unshipped About three minutes later, I received a paypal receipt for the payment . . . but haven't received any package or any other email information saying it has been shipped and/or giving a tracking number. What should I be doing to follow up on this? ~ "Minnie"
  5. You can set up and save a favorite search on ebay. When an item is listed that matches your search, ebay will send you an email to let you know. That way you don't have to haunt ebay, and you won't miss noticing when another one is listed. good luck and happy hunting! ~Minnie
  6. My Sugarplum arrived yesterday. Thanks again, Greenleaf and Dean, for an awesome October and for my great prize. I'm afraid she will have to wait until after the holidays before assembly. Right now I have Granddaughter's dollhouse on the table and there's no room for another. ~Minnie
  7. I can live with spiders . . . it those #@$%$ bats that occasionally come swooping through my bedroom in the wee hours that give me the willies!
  8. My other interests include: Square dancing, and making square dance attire for our family (two of our adult daughters and 4 of our 13 grandchildren square dance so far with another taking lessons this year). We go to dances dance several times a month and are also "angels" (helpers) at weekly lessons for two local clubs. Computers. I maintain a website for my grandchildren's school and belong to far too many online groups - mostly about miniatures, so maybe that's not an "other" hobby? If I spent less time online reading about and looking at photos of others' minis, I'd get more done on my own projects. Another of my great interests is in the field of childbirth. I am a certified doula and I spend a lot of time online reading and learning about pregnancy and birth-related issues. I hope to start a doula business, but in my part of MN doulas are not well known. It remains to be seen whether that will become an actual business, or just remain a hobby. I have been privileged to be doula (long before the word was invented) at the births of a number of nieces & nephews and most of my grandchildren and am looking forward to being present when our 14th grandchild is born next March. I used to read almost constantly, but it's difficult to do that while driving tractor (we raise beef cattle and put up lots of hay all summer) so I've gotten addicted to books-on-tape. I'm not completely dressed until my walkman is in my pocket and my earbuds are in. I became interested in genealogy this summer, and one of my projects for this winter will be to sort through a lot of old family letters and papers and use them to help piece together our family's story.
  9. Hello and thanks for the congratulations. I'm sorry I didn't respond. I am new to these Greenleaf message boards (since the beginning of October )and haven't quite learned my way around yet. In fact, I just discovered this topic tonight. I don't explore much because my SLOW dial-up connection takes FOREVER to load a page. I'm getting high-speed internet connection hooked up next week and I can hardly wait! When I saw my name on the "You're a winner" board I clicked on the link and sent my name and address as requested. . . or at least I THINK I did. Should I have gotten a confirmation email or message to show Dean received the info? I looked in my control panel and it doesn't show any messages in my "sent" folder either. Does that mean I didn't do it right? I'm so happy to have been chosen as a winner, and I don't want to blow it by not responding correctly. Thanks, Minniezota