• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Tim
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

423 profile views
  1. Hi Janet: I'm working on a Victorian farmhouse. I have made some changes to the kit and am slowly working through all of the steps. I'm going to take some pictures as I have been papering all day. How about you? Are you in the middle of anything now?
  2. Hi Holly: Are you aware of any "How To" books on scratch building?
  3. Your houses are unbelievable, awsome, intimidating, detail extreme and so very unique.
  4. Thank you all for the welcome. Currently I am working on a modified version of the dura craft bellingham farm house. The first house I made was a seven room two story kit I bought at a local craft store. I make these houses for my elderly (93 year old) Mother who enjoys just looking at them. The victorian piece I am working on now takes her back to her life as a child. Anyway, I really do want to start a scratch project when this one is finished but don't know where to start. Thank you all again for such a warm welcome
  5. Hi to all: My name is Tim and I have been working on this, my second house for the past year. I don't have a lot of time but work on it when I can. I have made a few changes to the plan by adding a bay window and a second story porch. I really want to build a house from scratch for my next project.
  6. Thank you all for the excellant suggestions. I shall soon be flickerless and oh so happy.
  7. Hi and Thank you. I have only built two houses; one with wire and one with tape. I also have the flickering problem when the house is jilted or when we are walking around it so I think your diagnosis is correct...thank you Tracey. Kathy...I did not solder anything but since you mentioned it I think I want to. Do you just put a solder bead over the brad head and make contact with the tape. The tape does have a plastic covering....do I remove some of that? Thanks again. Tim
  8. Hi: Thank you for the response but I think I may have been unclear. I don't even have the fireplace lights hooked up and I get this flickering.
  9. I have the sconces too but they won't go up for a bit. Thak you for the kind words.
  10. The fireplace is one area I would not mind flickering lights but my ceiling lights sometimes flicker...a lot. I used the tape system to electrify and even added an additional power pack. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks
  11. sirglassalot

Victorian Farmhouse

Floors, Floors and more floors
  12. Thanks again for the kind words.
  13. sirglassalot

Bay Window

Thank you....It was an addition I made from pieces I found on a house someone discarded.
  14. Very, Very, Very nice