• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name brae
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

26377 profile views
  1. Zen garden

I love this garden design!   Beautiful work.
  2. Night time

So awesome.    Adding light makes a mini house magical.
  3. House on a Hill

From the album Happy Halloween!

A friend invited me to a Paint Nite event at a local restaurant.  From the link here, you can see the Halloween themed painting the artist and host Sarah Benkin would be teaching.  I had never been to one of these, but painting a haunted house and having a cocktail sounded like a lovely way to spend a school night.   Of course, I brought three mini sized canvases instead of using the provided canvas.  The mini canvases were made using textured note cards glued to mat board with spray adhesive and then coated with white acrylic.  I taped the three mini canvases to a scrap of plywood to have something to use as an easel. I attempted the smallest of the three canvases first, but I had a hard time making circular motions that small.  My moon was a messy, light blue oval, so I scrapped that and moved on to the medium one.  I skipped the cats in my painting and made the fence and grass more moonlit.  I thought bright white images would detract from the house in my small scale.  I had a lot of fun and could see myself packing mini canvases and attending more of these in the future.

© brae oktober

4. Ready to paint and imbibe!

From the album Happy Halloween!

A friend invited me to a Paint Nite event at a local restaurant.  From the link here, you can see the Halloween themed painting the artist and host Sarah Benkin would be teaching.  I had never been to one of these, but painting a haunted house and having a cocktail sounded like a lovely way to spend a school night.   Of course, I brought three mini sized canvases instead of using the provided canvas.  The mini canvases were made using textured note cards glued to mat board with spray adhesive and then coated with white acrylic.  I taped the three mini canvases to a scrap of plywood to have something to use as an easel.  I'm ready to paint, with a Scotch chaser.

© brae oktober

5. Lighting plan

Thank you!   
  6. Greenleaf Houses The next sale?

Check your email today - Greenleaf sent out a sale newsletter.   
  7. Lighting plan

Thank you!    Evan Designs is a great resource, and LEDs with washers look the part...they are just a bit more work. The wall color will be very similar to the grey primer here - and I'm not sure if I will leave the gable lighter for contrast or make it the same color as the lower walls.  It's bare wood at the moment. As for the floor, well, it buckled. I stripped out the bad part and will glue down a new section. 
  8. Lighting plan

From the album HC - Creatin' Contest 2018

There isn't a lot of space for lighting now that I've cut down the structure, so I'm opting for recessed ceiling lights alone for the interior.  I've put NovaLyte can lights in past houses, but they require a 3/8" thick board to sit flush.  In this instance, I will fake it with LEDs from Evan Designs and nylon washers.  I am planning eight for the ceiling.  It might seem like a lot, but the vaulted ceiling is high above the living space and I want to be sure there is plenty of light.  If they are too overwhelming once in place, there are methods for addressing the color and brightness.  I will add two new old stock ceiling light kits by Illinois Hobbycraft to the front alcove as well. As you can see, I had some flooring issues.  I'm finishing a patch for the flooring separately.  

© brae oktober

9. Red fox

Thank you!   
  10. Work table kit from B.H. Minaitures

Yes, they are lovely kits!   
  11. Mosaic

Aw, thanks so much! 
  12. Mosaic

I don't believe I've ever said I don't do bedding sets.    I'm happy to consider custom orders.
  13. Red fox

From the album Misc minis

I've finally gone through my stash of fabrics and made more pillow designs.

© brae oktober

14. Sailboats

© brae oktober

15. Mosaic

© brae oktober