otterine

Platinum Member
  • Days Won

Everything posted by otterine

1. Nice! Where did you get that red and white backsplash tile?
  2. Laser cut kit...hooray, no sanding!!! What do I do? I add a component that requires hours of sanding.
  3. otterine

Long gallery

Wouldn't it be fun to less loose a bag of marbles and see where they went? :lol:
  4. otterine

Garderobe

I'm sure we would be shocked by all the aromas of the day if we were to go back in time, but they were probably thankful to have the conveniences.
  5. otterine

Small retiring room

Yeah, that would still creep me out walking about in a wonky house.
  6. From the album: The Brownstone

This beautiful carved pintail drake decoy is by Linda Master of Miracle Chicken. When she first posted these on her blog, I went weak in the knees. I think he will look wonderful with books all around him.
  7. From the album: Spring Fling 2012 - The Aero Squadron Lounge

The nests are made from raffia cut into small pieces and glued in place. A quick wash of mixes brown paints gave the raffia a more realistic appearance. It might be a little out of scale, but I think it's convincing enough. Now I just need some hens, eggs and perhaps a few chicks! In the meantime, I placed this beautiful carved pintail drake decoy by Linda Master on the ledge. When she first posted these on her blog, I went weak in the knees. He will end up in the Brownstone, but for now he is the hen stand-in.
  8. From the album: Spring Fling 2012 - The Aero Squadron Lounge

The entire piece was first treated with a wash of tan, black and brown. I had originally planned to paint the exterior white, and once that dried, to sand the finish to expose some of the stain beneath for a lovely rustic finish. I saw a lovely painted wall shelf at the 3 Blind Mice show and thought that finish would work so well here. BUT...I love the way the stain alone turned out. Once I paint, there will be no going back. So, for now, brown it stays. I used Greenleaf half scale speed shingles that I had left over from the Heritage gables for the roof. It, too, received the same paint wash. The nests are made from raffia cut into small pieces and glued in place. A quick wash of mixed brown paints gave the raffia a more realistic appearance. It might be a little out of scale, but I think it's convincing enough. Now I just need some hens, eggs and perhaps a few chicks!
  9. That looks fabulous!!!! I love red brick with dark trim. Beautiful.
  10. Yes, the polka dot one from my childhood stays with me. The Mackintosh depends on who buys it and what they want with it.
  11. LAST CALL - I am willing to work a great deal with anyone to get the Newport into a new home. If no one is interested in it by this weekend (not that you have to pick it up by then - just let me know by then), I will be removing most of the lights and listing it on craigslist for an "as-is" bargain price so someone can start over with it. I just really need the space.
  12. otterine

dining room ceiling

Love this one, too!
  13. otterine

bedroom ceiling

This looks wonderful!
  14. otterine

new fabric

A much better fit and the pillow is great, too!
  15. The ___ that arrived yesterday ended up being too small, so I need the next size up. Since I didn't want the evening to go to waste, I built a henhouse. :lol: I didn't realize I needed one until I was at the Bishop show and saw one there. The SF called from afar, "Oh, yes, pick one of those up." To which I replied, "I can certainly build one." The SF was happy enough with that.
  16. They look fun and friendly...and are probably a handful at all the wrong moments. :lol: Nice work!
  17. otterine

punch needle rug

It will be perfect for this setting. Lovely!