otterine

Platinum Member
  • Days Won

Everything posted by otterine

1. From the album: The Haunted Heritage

The medicine cabinet is also from the Chrysnbon kit. I painted it with Krylon Almond in satin finish, the same paint I used on the Bespaq bed. I am still working on the Chrysnbon sink. The wall sconces are Chrysolite kits, though I left off the reflectors. I painted the brass parts copper to match the bathroom colors and switched out the included wires for replaceable bulb sockets. I painted the wires black to make them less obvious. With a piece of white foam core propped in for the ceiling, I can already tell I am going to love this room when it is enclosed and finished.
  2. From the album: The Haunted Heritage

The wall sconces are Chrysolite kits, though I left off the reflectors. I painted the brass parts copper to match the bathroom colors and switched out the included wires for replaceable bulb sockets. I painted the wires black to make them less obvious.
  3. otterine

Chrysnbon stool

From the album: The Haunted Heritage

I made the small stool from the Chrysnbon bath kit, too. I sprayed it flat black, but the top was rough so I had to follow up with acrylic paint. I topped it off with satin varnish, and now it looks like a vintage piece that's been painted and painted and painted.
  4. otterine

Bathtub drain pipe

Thank you! You know, my mind will just keep going if I don't rein it in!
  5. Thank you! Yeppers - made them all plus some. They are printed covers over bass wood and balsa inserts with painted edges.
  6. I will definitely scout around. Thanks!
  7. otterine

Bathtub interior

Scrubbing bubbles! :lol: I do like how this turned out.
  8. otterine

Bathtub interior

From the album: The Haunted Heritage

I painted the inner drain of the tub with Testors Aluminum and then added aging washes to the bathtub once the paint was dry. I watered down Terra Cotta acrylic paint by Folk Art and used it to simulate the residue of well water stains. It was a little bright, so I added a wash of dark brown. I wiped most of the pigment away going for subtle staining from years of luxurious baths. I assembled the tub faucets and painted them Testors Aluminum. I added a light wash of black to bring out the details before installing them in the tub. I decided to add a stopper on a chain, so I drilled out the bottom of the tub to make an open drain. I added an overflow made from the tip of a pen cap. The stopper is made from a spare piece of plastic sprue (the frame around plastic molded parts) and is currently sitting in the stopper holder. How appropriate. I'll add a chain to it later.
  9. From the album: The Haunted Heritage

The stopper is made from a spare piece of plastic sprue (the frame around plastic molded parts). This chain is left over from the parlor chandelier, but I am not sure of it. I can paint it to remove the bright brass finish, but I think it might be too bulky in the first place. I'll see if I can find some finer chain the next time I go to the hobby store.
  10. From the album: The Haunted Heritage

I decided to add a stopper on a chain, so I drilled out the bottom of the tub to make an open drain. If you have an open drain, you need a pipe...made from excess sprue (the frame around plastic molded parts) and a washer. The pipe is glued to the tub, but the washer will remain loose so it can sit flush with the floor while disguising the end of the pipe. Where's the drain pipe for the overflow? Never you mind that! I have to draw the line somewhere. It's not like the thing has actual running water. :lol:
  11. From the album: The Haunted Heritage

This is a plastic Chrysnbon Victorian tub. I first masked off the top and sprayed the bottom with Burnished Copper Metal by Rust-Oleum. I sprayed the inner portion of the tub and the sides with Krylon Gloss Ivory. I sanded the edge to remove any excess paint and roughed up the surface in a few areas. It's an old tub, after all. I used acrylic paint washes in black and robin's egg blue to darken and age the copper. The feet were sprayed with flat black, but I added a black acrylic wash to them to tone down a little bit of the shine. I'll age the inside of tub later when I install the faucets but so far, I love it! The copper color of the tub brings out the copper color in the flooring. I love how this little plastic tub looks like real metal.
  12. From the album: The Haunted Heritage

This is a plastic Chrysnbon Victorian tub. I first masked off the top and sprayed the bottom with Burnished Copper Metal by Rust-Oleum. I sprayed the inner portion of the tub and the sides with Krylon Gloss Ivory. I sanded the edge to remove any excess paint and roughed up the surface in a few areas. It's an old tub, after all. I used acrylic paint washes in black and robin's egg blue to darken and age the copper. The feet were sprayed with flat black, but I added a black acrylic wash to them to tone down a little bit of the shine. I'll age the inside of tub later when I install the faucets but so far, I love it! The copper color of the tub brings out the copper color in the flooring. I love how this little plastic tub looks like real metal.
  13. From the album: The Haunted Heritage

This is a plastic Chrysnbon Victorian tub. I first masked off the top and sprayed the bottom with Burnished Copper Metal by Rust-Oleum. I sprayed the inner portion of the tub and the sides with Krylon Gloss Ivory. I sanded the edge to remove any excess paint and roughed up the surface in a few areas. It's an old tub, after all. I used acrylic paint washes in black and robin's egg blue to darken and age the copper. I love how this little plastic tub looks like real metal.
  14. Oh, Chris, you've come to the wrong place if you want someone to stop you. :lol: I have a solid idea for the SF, and I am excited about it. BUT...I am having so much fun with the Heritage, I just don't want to switch gears right now. Maybe that will change once it gets here. I have the Heritage on the dining table, and the SF will fit on the kitchen table. Dual builds with a summer of meals served on the coffee table?
  15. otterine

table1

I like that detail!
  16. Windows like this are called clerestory windows...that should give you some more in the search.