otterine

Platinum Member
  • Days Won

Everything posted by otterine

1. Thank you all so much!!! I had a lot of fun with this year's build.
  2. Thank you so much, Kathie!! I already have ideas for 2020! Maybe this will be my year!
  3. Ken Byers workshop https://www.ebay.com/itm/-miniature-artisan-ken-byers-shaker-works-west-the-woodworkers-shop-r-/223890740631
  4. I wonder perhaps if this type of holder would be used for pipes not currently in use. You might have a tabletop stand for the one or two favorites next to the chair. This might be for collectible display or if there is a humidor on a shelf, these might be nearby.
  5. He hasn't been on GL for a bit, but here is a link to what he has posted here: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id=69029
  6. It's Aluminum Micro-Mesh by Scale Scenics.
  7. No, these are just the detail shots of the finished entry. Thank you!
  8. From the album: Misc minis

I once again went to a Paint Nite event at a local restaurant and brought a mini sized canvas instead of using the provided canvas. The mini canvas was made using a textured note card glued to mat board with spray adhesive and then coated with white acrylic. I had to leave off some elements due to the scale change, but it was so fun! I already have a ticket for a future painting event.

© brae oktober

9. From the album: Ivy Hollow - Rural Free Delivery Post Office

The horse hitching post was an unfinished metal mini from the local shows, and I added a wood base. I swapped the silver ring for a black one to better match the painted finish.

© brae oktober

10. From the album: Ivy Hollow - Rural Free Delivery Post Office

The pump was an unfinished metal mini from the local shows, and I had the bucket in my stash. I built the platform to hold both pieces. When I added the resin (Acrylic Water from Walmart), it leaked through the bucket. I led a path of it over the edge and let it do what it wanted. A happy accident. There is also a droplet from the spout.

© brae oktober

11. otterine

Grass detail

From the album: Ivy Hollow - Rural Free Delivery Post Office

The grass mat is Wild Grass Forest Floor by Heki from Scenic Express (they call it Pasture TurfGrass on their website). These particular grass mats are pricey, but the high grass with variegated coloration is spot on in scale. The sheets are only 6" wide, though they are 17" long, so there are places on the landscaping board that always need to be pieced. These are my favorite to work with because of the backing, which is a clear, rubbery substance that makes it more flexible than the paper-backed grass mats. (Here is a post on working with the grass material.) Since I had leftover branches, I stripped the leaves from them and littered the ground. Full post here.

© brae oktober

12. From the album: Ivy Hollow - Rural Free Delivery Post Office

I made an autumn tree this year using the same wire and putty technique I've used in the past for the trunk. Having a sparse tree meant it took less time to create, which helped with my tight deadline.

© brae oktober

13. otterine

peeking

Hooray!!! I was happy to help.
  14. Hello! Some frustration is bound to happen with any rehab, but if it becomes a chore and you hate it, then I say move on. I'll give something a lot of effort, but sometimes it's just not worth the headache.
  15. Thank you! I've used that wheat penny a long time but I'm not sure where I got it.
  16. From the album: Ivy Hollow - Rural Free Delivery Post Office

It was a lot of work, but I will definitely make another screen door in the future.

© brae oktober

17. From the album: Ivy Hollow - Rural Free Delivery Post Office

A dear and talented friend made me some stamps for my post office. She included real life size prints of the original inspirations as well.

© brae oktober

18. From the album: Ivy Hollow - Rural Free Delivery Post Office

A dear and talented friend made me some stamps for my post office. I've set a few on the ledger from Looking Glass Miniatures. There's also a cat food jar by Jane Graber for when Chester gets the munchies.

© brae oktober