otterine

Platinum Member
  • Days Won

Everything posted by otterine

1. otterine

Finished trunk

From the album: Ivy Hollow - Rural Free Delivery Post Office

The trunk is somewhere between grey and brown. I mix at random and fine-tune until I get there since there isn't a good color straight out of the bottle.

© brae oktober

2. otterine

Tree and foliage

I have the tree painted and detailed, and I separated the foliage branches from two bundles of candytuft. Too bad I can't just say "alakazam" and have the foliage appear on the tree.

© brae oktober

3. Hi, Kayla - I replied to your PM.
  4. From the album: Ivy Hollow - Rural Free Delivery Post Office

I originally intended to build a working window for the front, but after considering that the small space would make it difficult to actually operate the window, I opted for faking the window instead. I cut a front following the cardboard template from the mock-up and then built the trim to fit. I will enclose acrylic sheet inside the window frame during final assembly. No sense in risking marring the acrylic as I continue to work. Even though the window doesn't operate, I did add the holes for the horse reins.

© brae oktober

5. otterine

plexi11.jpg

This looks great!!
  6. otterine

Desk and chair

Thanks so much! Yes, I am definitely feeling the pressure of the deadline.
  7. otterine

Parcels

I used some packaging kits from Looking Glass Miniatures for parts and will get to what I did with the boxes portion in a later post. For parcels, I wrapped wood blocks in the kit's kraft paper and twine, using old labels found online. Obviously, parcel post labels are harder to find than old letters and postcards as the wrapping would usually have been discarded.

© brae oktober

8. otterine

Desk and chair

Our rural post office has good cabinets and a postal teller in newish condition, but the desk and chair are hand me down pieces. They are still perfectly usable, after all. The Chrysnbon Victorian chair kit was a gift. The desk is adapted from a table pattern in the book Finishing Touches by Jane Harrop. I beat it up with every tool on my work table. Look at that delightfully ratty finish!

© brae oktober

9. Love the "attic" room but yeah, that's way too high of a price.
  10. From the album: Ivy Hollow - Rural Free Delivery Post Office

Just a few areas to touch up and we're ready to sprout foliage!

© brae oktober

11. From the album: Ivy Hollow - Rural Free Delivery Post Office

Looks like everything will fit well with just enough room for baseboards and window trim. Whew!

© brae oktober

12. From the album: Ivy Hollow - Rural Free Delivery Post Office

Looks like everything will fit well with just enough room for baseboards and window trim. Whew!

© brae oktober

13. otterine

20191114-153857.jpg

Nice! Care to make a friendly wager on a game or two?
  14. From the album: Ivy Hollow - Rural Free Delivery Post Office

Making another tree this year. I like how the tall tree forces the perspective. Jebediah looks more in scale with the tree in place.

© brae oktober

15. I'm not sure of the reference you mean. This house is an historic property in Wisconsin.
  16. From the album: Misc minis

I'm not usually a fan of brass, but these are wonderful pieces. from K. M. Wohrstein - found at the Wee "c" Miniature Show

© brae oktober

17. From the album: Misc minis

Behold Sabu the Prognosticator. I have no idea why I needed a clairvoyant reptile in a wizard's hat, but I'm guessing he knows. I'm pretty sure he needs an amulet, perhaps some stars on his hat. And, a silk bed. by Debbie Rundle - found at the Wee "c" Miniature Show

© brae oktober

18. otterine

Ladybugs!!

From the album: Misc minis

It pays to dig in the bins and have good magnifying glasses on! Probably not really to scale, but too cute! from Debbie Rundle - found at the Wee "c" Miniature Show

© brae oktober